Early Decision admissions is designed for students who know Champlain College is their #1 choice and allows students to secure their place in Champlain's highly competitive majors. Early Decision (ED) is a binding application process in which students make a commitment to Champlain College as their first-choice institution where, if admitted, the student guarantees they will attend, pending demonstrated financial need being met.
Why Early Decision?
- More personalized admissions process: We provide personal support to all applicants, but with a much smaller Early Decision (ED) applicant pool-about 400 vs. 5,000 Regular Decision applicants-we are able to be that much more focused on your application.
- Increased chance of admission: The rate of admission in Early Decision is higher than it is in Regular Decision. More than one-third of our incoming class was admitted via Early Decision last year.
- More personalized financial aid support: Because the Early Decision candidate pool is smaller, our Financial Aid team is able to provide families with extra attention throughout the financial aid process.
- Secure your place in high-demand majors: Our Game majors-Game Design, Game Art & Animation, Game Programming and Game Production Management-have enrollment caps due to their popularity, and other majors, such as Computer & Digital Forensics, Data Analytics, Filmmaking, International Business and Law, are also in high demand. Applying Early Decision will enable you to secure your place in these and other competitive programs early on.
- Early Decision gets you an answer faster: Early Decision applicants who submit their completed applications by the November 15 deadline will receive a faster decision.
Apply Right Now!
Go To Our Apply Page
Early Decision Deadlines
|Admissions Program||Application |
Application due dates assume completed applications including all required documentation. All deadlines are 11:59 PM (Eastern Standard Time).
*Early Decision portfolio submissions are only for majors with specific portfolio requirements.
If you have any questions regarding Early Decision, please contact your Admissions Counselor.