You’re going to love living at Champlain!
Follow the instructions below to request your housing for the 2019 spring semester, beginning November 15, 2018
We’re here to help!
If you require assistance activating your account/setting a new password, please contact the ChampSupport team at 802.860.2710 or email@example.com.
If you experience any issues logging in to The Housing Director, please contact the Res Life office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Housing selection process
- In order to begin the housing selection process, you must make your tuition deposit. If you have not yet done so, please visit the deposit page. It will take up to 72 hours to process your deposit and provide access to your my.champlain account. You will receive an email with the subject “Champlain College Housing” when the process is complete. Please do not attempt to follow the steps below until you receive that email.
- After you have activated your Champlain account at welcome.champlain.edu, you are ready to log in to The Housing Director (any time after November 15, 2018, for housing for spring term 2019). Visit The Housing Director (THD)—our online housing selection tool—select the “Sign into THD Self Service using Champlain” option and log in using your Champlain College username and password (your username is still your firstname.lastname). If you have trouble logging in, please first try a different browser. Contact the Res Life office at email@example.com if you continue to experience issues.
- You will be taken to the Housing Hub home page. Select the “Application” tab and “Incoming Student Housing Selection Preference Form: (Spring 2019)” from the drop-down menu.
- After providing an electronic signature for the housing contract and clicking “continue,” you will automatically be brought to the Housing Selection Preference Form.
- Complete the Housing Selection Preference Form, indicating your first, second, and third residence hall choices.
Roommate selection process
By creating a roommate profile, you can search for other students with similar interests. Individuals who wish to live together must each select the other(s). Follow the instructions below to find and select roommates.
- Complete a roommate profile by selecting the “Personal Information” tab at the top of the screen, then click “Roommate Profile” from the drop-down menu. (Maintain the default setting “Make Profile Private: No” to enable roommate selection.) Complete the profile so other students can learn more about you, then click “Update Roommate Profile.”
- To search for a roommate, select the “Room Selection” tab, then “Roommates/Suitemates” from the drop-down menu. Select term “Spring 2019” and click “Submit.” Use the “Advanced Roommate Search” section to identify other students with lifestyle choices and interests similar to your own. Students who meet your search requirements will be displayed. Students who have already identified a roommate can search for that individual using the “Simple Roommate Search” fields. (Only students who have completed a roommate profile will appear in the results.)
- You may send a message to any students you would like to connect with before requesting them as a roommate. Once you’ve selected the individual(s) you would like to live with, click “Request This Student.”
- Once a request is sent, the other student must confirm or cancel the request. Once a confirmation is complete, you’re done!
- Housing assignments for the spring term will be made by January 11, 2019, and will appear on your THD home page.