You're going to love living at Champlain!
Follow the instructions below to request your housing for the 2018 Spring semester beginning November 15, 2017
We're here to help!
If you require assistance activating your account/setting a new password, please contact the ChampSupport team at 802.860.2710 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you experience any issues logging in to The Housing Director, please contact Melody Brook at 802.865.5487 or email@example.com.
Housing selection process
- In order to begin the housing selection process, you must make your tuition and housing deposits. If you have not yet done so, please visit champlain.edu/spring-deposit and pay your deposits. It will take up to 72-hours to process your deposits and provide access to your account. You will receive an email with the subject "Champlain College Housing" when that process is complete. Please do not attempt to follow the steps below until you receive that email.
- After you have activated your Champlain account at welcome.champlain.edu, you are ready to login to The Housing Director (any time after November 15, 2017 for housing for Spring term 2018). Visit The Housing Director (THD) (our online housing selection tool), select the 'Sign into THD Self Service using Champlain' option and login using your Champlain College username and password. (Your username is still your firstname.lastname.) If you have trouble logging in, please first try a different browser then contact Melody Brook if you continue to experience issues.
- You will be taken to the Housing Hub home page. Select the "Application" tab and "Incoming Student Housing Selection Preference Form: (Spring 2018)" from the drop-down menu.
- Providing an electronic signature for the housing contract and clicking "continue" will automatically bring you to the Housing Selection Preference Form.
- Complete the Housing Selection Preference Form, indicating your first, second and third residence hall choices.
Roommate selection process
By creating a roommate profile, you can search for other students with similar interests. Individuals who wish to live together must each select the other(s). Follow the instructions below to find and select roommates.
- Complete a Roommate Profile by selecting the "Personal Information" tab at the top of the screen and then clicking "Roommate Profile" from the drop-down menu. (Maintain the default setting "Make Profile Private: No" to enable roommate selection.) Complete the Profile so other students can learn more about you, then click "Update Roommate Profile".
- To search for a roommate, select the "Room Selection" tab, then "Roommates/Suitemates" from the drop-down menu. Select Term "Spring 2018" and click "Submit". Use the "Advanced Roommate Search" section to identify other students with lifestyle choices and interests similar to your own. Students who meet your search requirements will be displayed. Students who have already identified a roommate can search for that individual using the "Simple Roommate Search" fields. (Only students who have completed a Roommate Profile will appear in the results.)
- You may send a message to any students you would like to connect with before requesting them as a roommate. Once you've selected the individual(s) you would like to live with click "Request This Student".
- Once a request is sent, the other student must confirm or cancel the request. Once a confirmation is complete, you're done!
- Housing assignments for the Spring term will be will be made by January 5, 2018 and will appear on your THD home page.