Appreciative Inquiry And Positive Organizational Scholarship Articles From Our Center Team
- "Horses Are Listening to Us — Are We?” by Janis Cooper & William Hancy in AI Practitioner: International Journal of Appreciative Inquiry, August 2018.
- “Positive Organizational Ethics: Cultivating and Sustaining Moral Performance” by Leslie Sekerka, Lindsey Godwin and Debra Comer in Journal of Business Ethics, 2014.
- “The Appreciative Inquiry Summit: Explorations into the Magic of Macro-management and Crowdsourcing” by David Cooperrider, Lindsey Godwin, Brodie Boland and Michel Avital in AI Practitioner: International Journal of Appreciative Inquiry, 2012.
- “Beyond the Room: Leveraging Collaborative Technology to Engage the Whole System” by Lindsey Godwin, Kristin Bodiford and Pascal Kaplan in AI Practitioner: International Journal of Appreciative Inquiry, 2012.
- “The Exponential Inquiry Effect Magnified: The New AI Summit in a Technologically Connected World” by Lindsey Godwin, Pascal Kaplan and Kristin Bodiford in Advances in Appreciative Inquiry: Volume 5, David Cooperrider, Lindsey Godwin, Brodie Boland and Michel Avital (editors), 2014.
- “Positive Organization Development: Innovation-inspired Change in an Economy and Ecology of Strengths” by David Cooperrider and Lindsey Godwin in The Oxford Handbook of Positive Organizational Scholarship, Kim Cameron and Gretchen Spreitzer (editors), 2011.
- “Using Appreciative Inquiry and Dialogical Learning to Explore Dominant Paradigms” by Mary Grace Neville in Journal of Management Education, 2008. Winner of the Organizational Behavior Teaching Society's 2008 Fritz Rothelisberger Award for “Best Paper” in Sage's Journal of Management Education.
Applications Of AI For Your Everyday Organizational Life
- Using Appreciative Inquiry in the recruitment and hiring of new employees
- Using Appreciative Inquiry in strategic planning meetings
Further Resources on Appreciative Inquiry & Strengths-Based Change Books
- The Joy of Appreciative Living: Your 28-Day Plan to Greater Happiness in 3 Incredibly Easy Steps by Jacqueline Kelm, 2008.
- Positive Family Dynamics: Appreciative Inquiry Questions to Bring Out the Best in Families by Dawn Cooperrider Dole, Jen Hetzel Silbert and Ada Jo Mann, 2008.
- Change Your Questions, Change Your Life: 10 Powerful Tools for Life and Work by Marilee Adams, 2009.
- Authentic Happiness: Using the New Positive Psychology to Realize Your Potential for Lasting Fulfillment by Martin E. P. Seligman, 2014.
- Learned Optimism: How to Change Your Mind and Your Life by Martin E. P. Seligman, 2006.
- Appreciative Inquiry Handbook by David Cooperrider, Diana Whitney and Jacqueline Stavros, 2008.
- Essentials of Appreciative Inquiry by David Cooperrider, Diana Whitney and Jacqueline Stavros, 2008.
- Appreciative Inquiry: Change at the Speed of Imagination by Jane Magruder Watkins and Bernard Mohr, 2001.
- Appreciative Inquiry: A Positive Approach to Building Cooperative Capacity by Frank Barrett and Ronald Fry, 2005.
- Appreciative Inquiry: A Positive Revolution in Change by David Cooperrider and Diana Whitney, 2005.
- Appreciative Inquiry in Higher Education: A Transformative Force by Jeanie Cockell and Joan McArthur-Blair, 2012.
- Reframing Evaluation Through Appreciative Inquiry by Hallie Preskill and Tessie Tzavaras Catsambas, 2006.
- Dynamic Relationships: Unleashing the Power of Appreciative Inquiry in Daily Living by Jacqueline M. Stavros and Cheri B. Torres, 2005.
- The Appreciative Organization by Taos Institute Founders, 2008.
- Positivity: Top-Notch Research Reveals the 3 to 1 Ratio That Will Change Your Life by Barbara Fredrickson, 2009.
- Encyclopedia of Positive Questions second edition by Diana Whitney, Amanda Trosten-Bloom, David Cooperrider and Brian S. Kaplin, 2014.
- Appreciative Team Building: Positive Questions to Bring Out the Best in Your Team by Diana Whitney, Amanda Trosten-Bloom, Jay Cherney and Ron Fry, 2004.
- Thin Book of SOAR by Jacqueline M. Stavros, Gina Hinrichs and Sue Annis Hammond, 2009.
- Positive Organizational Scholarship: Foundations of a New Discipline edited by Jane E. Dutton, Robert E. Quinn and Kim Cameron, 2003.
- Appreciative Inquiry for Collaborative Solutions: 21 Strength-Based Workshops by Robyn Stratton-Berkessel, 2010.
- The Nonprofits’ Guide to the Power of Appreciative Inquiry by Carolyn J. Miller, Cristina R Aguilar, Donna McDaniel, Linda Maslowski and Michael J. Mantel, 2004.
- Appreciative Leadership: Focus on What Works to Drive Winning Performance and Build a Thriving Organization by Diana Whitney, Amanda Trosten-Bloom and Kae Rader, 2010.
- Appreciative Inquiry for Change Management: Using AI to Facilitate Organizational Development by Sarah Lewis, Jonathan Passmore and Stefan Cantore, 2011.
- Now, Discover Your Strengths by Marcus Buckingham and Donald O. Clifton, 2001.
- Yes to the Mess: Surprising Leadership Lessons From Jazz by Frank J. Barrett, 2012.
- Oxford Handbook of Positive Organizational Scholarship edited by Kim S. Cameron and Gretchen M. Spreitzer, 2011.
- What is the David L. Cooperrider Center for Appreciative Inquiry?
- What is Appreciative Inquiry? - Cooperrider Center
- Common Good Vermont: Appreciative Inquiry for Organizational Development
- The Power of Resilience: David Cooperrider at TEDxUNPlaza 2013
- Appreciative Inquiry: A Conversation with David Cooperrider
- Appreciative Inquiry—John Hayes
- Appreciative Inquiry—Jon Townsin
- Strength-Based Education with Dr. Lindsey Godwin
- "Synchronicity" An exciting emergent principle in Appreciative Inquiry with Tom Myers