Request Your Transcript

Q. How do I request a copy of my transcript?
 Transcripts are issued by the National Student Clearinghouse  at the written request of the student or alumnus. 

The National Student Clearinghouse allows you to track the progress of your transcript order and receive updates via text if you would like. The only way to receive a secure, certified electronic version of your transcript is to use this service.  Click here to order your transcript online.

Q. What is a transcript?
A transcript is a complete record of a student's academic activity at Champlain College, listing all courses taken and grades earned. Other information on the transcript includes degrees earned, Dean's & President's List notations and GPA, term by term and cumulative.

Q. What is the difference between an official transcript and an unofficial transcript?
Both an official and an unofficial transcript reflect a student's academic performance at the College. An official transcript is printed on security paper and bears the registrar's signature and a raised seal. An unofficial transcript does not have the seal or the signature. Official transcripts cannot be faxed, but unofficial transcripts can be faxed. 

Q. What is the fee for a copy of my transcript?
The National Student Clearinghouse charges a fee of $2.25 to $4.00 per transcript, depending on the delivery method you select.

Q. How long will it take for my request to be processed?
Average processing time is five business days. Processing will take longer at points throughout the year when demand for transcripts is high. Please make your request as far in advance as possible. Students who are applying to other institutions are responsible for knowing their deadlines and should make their requests in plenty of time.

Q. What might delay the processing of my request?
Processing will be delayed if you forget to include any of the information listed above. Please remember we can not process your transcript request without your signature. Additionally, your request will not be processed if your student account is not paid in full.

Should you have further questions about transcripts please call Compass Student Services at (802) 860-2777 or email us at