Art & Design Portfolio Summer Course
Behavioral Guidelines for Students
IN CLASS, ON FIELD TRIPS AND DURING PRESENTATIONS
We are all here to learn, with a limited amount of time in which to absorb as much as possible. To get the most out of your experience, please be respectful of your classmates and your instructors during class time. Electronic devices should be turned off during classes, field trips and presentations, unless approved by an instructor to use them. When using the computers, please refrain from personal emailing, instant messaging, Facebook use, game playing, etc. Open Studio time is to be used to work on group projects; use this time wisely to accomplish what you need to get done.
If you have questions, please be sure to ask an instructor, teacher assistant and/or resident advisor.
Unless otherwise noted by an instructor, the use of personal media devices such as tablets, cell phones, personal audio and hand-held game devices during class time is restricted to emergency usage. It is acceptable to use these devices during the following times:
- Wake-up and breakfast
- During breaks
- During field trip travel time
- Evening free times
- Other times as designated by the program director or class instructors
It is required that students move about campus in groups of no less than two people. No student is allowed to leave campus unless accompanied by a faculty or staff member.
IN THE DORMS
There is no co-ed visitation allowed in dorm rooms. Lounges and common areas are available for socializing. You are expected to be in your room by 10:00 PM each night. A student head count will take place at 11:00 PM and you must be in your room getting ready for bed. Lights should be turned out at 11:00 PM.
SMOKING AND ALCOHOL
There will be absolutely no use, possession, storage or attempt to purchase alcohol, cigarettes or illegal substances. Weapons of any kind (including small knives) are prohibited on Champlain College owned property. Students found with such materials will be removed from the program and may be subject to criminal charges.
You agree to adhere to the following guidelines and rules during the Art & Design Portfolio-building Course:
- I will follow the daily schedule of the program and arrive on time for all activities.
- I will respect the rights of others.
- I will respect, protect, and not misuse personal, private, or public property. I understand that Champlain College is not responsibile for lost or stolen articles.
- I will not take part in any alcohol, drug, or tobacco use under any circumstances.
- I will inform the staff of any kind of medication, prescription or non-prescription, that I am presently taking.
- I will immediately report any health problem to the program faculty or staff.
- I will not leave the Champlain College campus during the course, except for scheduled group field trips.
- I will be in my room by 10:00 PM and quiet by 11:00 PM (or immediately after the night's planned activity).
- I agree that there will be no co-ed visitation in dorm rooms. Lounges and common areas are available for socializing.
- I will abide by the rules of conduct established by the Faculty & Residential Assistants.
- I will follow any rules not explicitly stated here but mentioned/told to me by an instructor, teaching assistant and/or resident assistant.
- I will read the Behavioral Guidelines included on this website, review them with my parents or guardians, and abide by them for the duration of my stay at Champlain College.