Drop Off / Registration: Saturday, July 13th, 2019 3:00 - 3:30 pm
Check-in and registration will take place in the lobby of Butler Hall on the Finney Quad off of Maple Street (Residential Building K on the Campus Map--use the link below to download a copy). You will be assigned a room number, issued a key and escorted to your room to get settled in. If your parents are with you, they will depart after helping you move in. A $20.00 deposit will be collected at this time, to be refunded when your room key is returned upon departure on July 23rd.
At 4:30 p.m. students will gather for a Group Orientation Session in the Center for Communication & Creative Media (the "CCM" building, #13 on map), followed by dinner. Most meals will be served in the Dining Hall at the IDX Student Life Center (building #11).
Pick Up / Closing Exhibition & Celebration: Sunday, July 28th
Students will be moving out of Butler Hall between 10:00 and 11:00 a.m. There will be a dorm inspection at this time. We will be searching for any forgotten articles so that they can be retrieved before your departure at noon.
We will have a final gathering at 11:00 a.m. for a Closing Celebration & Exhibition in Art Room 434 in the CCM Center (building #13 on the map). Parents, friends and family are wecome to join us! We will conclude by 12:00 noon.
What To Bring
Your dorm room will have a pillow, sheets, blanket and towels. Some students find bringing a familiar pillow and/or extra throw blanket makes the space more comfortable during their stay.
- $20 room key deposit (refunded when your room key is returned at check-out)
- Casual clothing: jeans, shorts and t-shirts are fine.
- Sweatshirt or light jacket for cool nights
- Swimsuit / Beach towel / Sunscreen
- Footwear is required at all times, sandals are fine for most of the time
- Shoes you are comfortable walking around town or hiking in
- Raincoat/Umbrella (optional)
- Shower Slippers
- Toiletries/Personal Items
- Hair dryer
- Backpack or large tote bag
- Pens, Pencils, Notebook
- Musical instrument, favorite board or card games, juggling objects...fun stuff for free time!
- Cell phone
- A Flash drive or access to Google Drive or iCloud data storage space
- Spending money (for extra snacks, souvenirs or the campus bookstore, if desired)
- Laundry facilities are available in the dorm, if desired. Consider bringing laundry detergent and quarters for coin operated washer/dryers - $1.25 per load