Online Computer Forensics & Digital Investigations Certificate
Earn your Computer Forensics & Digital Investigations Certificate online at Champlain College Online and enter this career field with a credential employers will respect.
Our 18-credit online Computer Forensics & Digital Investigations Certificate will provide students with:
- The essential rationale underlying criminal law such as the nature of jurisdiction, the criminal act, the criminal state of mind and matters affecting responsibility for criminal conduct
- An in-depth coverage of computer crime statutes, management of evidence, and industry best-practices for examining computers that might contain crime-related information as well as how to prepare computer evidence for courtroom testimony
- Techniques used to investigate crimes perpetuated over the Internet and other telecommunications networks; crimes such as auction fraud and social engineering, e-mail scams and phishing will be analyzed
- Insight into the motives behind white-collar crime and methods used by white-collar criminals to pursue their criminal endeavors, and the enforcement strategies and techniques applied in these cases.
- Specialized areas of digital forensics, namely, information hiding, anti-forensics, and network forensics; data hiding and anti-forensics will be explored with a specific concentration on cryptography (secret writing) and steganography (hidden writing)
- Basic principles of digital media presented to show how digital images, audio, and video can be manipulated and how such manipulation can be detected
Note: Federal financial aid is only available for associate, bachelor's and master's degree programs. Stand-alone certificate programs are ineligible for financial aid.
|Course #||Course Title||Credits|
|CRIM 120||Criminal Law||3|
|CFDI 270||Anti-Forensics and Network Forensics||3|
|CFDI 240||Digital Forensic Investigation Techniques||3|
|CFDI 345||Operating System Forensics||3|
|Plus 2 of the following:|
|CFDI 310||Mobile Forensics||3|
|CFDI 350||White-Collar Crime||3|
|CFDI 320||File Forensics||3|
|Total Credits to Earn This Certificate:||18|
*Some courses in this certificate program may have prerequisites. Please click on the course name for a description and prerequisite information. If prerequisites are listed that are not currently part of the certificate program please call an Admissions Representative at 877-887-3958 for more information.
Undergraduate Certificate Admissions Information
All the admissions information for our undergraduate certificate programs can be found through the links below.
Ready to Apply?
Start your online application today!