Phone: (802) 860-2720
How Champlain Prepares Students for Career Success
Champlain College has been delivering a distinctly career-focused education since 1878. The College's renowned career-focused education has a number of distinguishing programs and features that contribute to our graduates' extraordinary success when entering the marketplace in their fields of interest.
- Every major is market-focused, reflecting professional fields with the greatest career potential. Our minors give our graduates highly differentiated résumés.
- Through the Upside-Down Curriculum, students are prepared to get out into the field and do the job starting in their first semester.
- Our award-winning Career Collaborative has dedicated Career Coaches for each division to assist with landing internships, job search preparation and skills, and networking opportunities, as well as extensive resources for advancing career options throughout life.
- Our career education, the InSight program, equips students with the career readiness and personal finance skills they need to transition successfully from college to career.
- Extensive on- and off-campus career programming, including job fairs and professional recruiting and networking events, gives Champlain students a leading advantage over their peers.
- Senior Capstone classes give Champlain students a semester-long career-launching experience.
- Through Champlain's Centers of Experience, many students have the opportunity to work in on-campus professional environments that enable them to gain real-world skills in their field, build their résumés, and get experience working in productive teams.
- Often, students find on-campus jobs that relate specifically to their professional area of interest. For example, Professional Writing and Visual Communication Design majors have found jobs in Champlain's Marketing department, and Computer & Digital Forensics and Computer Networking & Cybersecurity majors have found jobs in the Senator Leahy Center for Digital Investigation (LCDI).
- Burlington, Vermont, is a thriving city with excellent opportunities for internships and jobs. It has been identified by Kiplinger's Personal Finance Magazine as one of the "Top Ten Best Cities for the Next Decade."