Provisional Admittance Policy
At Champlain College Online, we strive to meet students where they are by providing access to higher education programs when students are ready, and have the academic foundation and requisite knowledge and experience to be successful. One way we do this is through our provisional admittance policy. We offer the pathway of "provisional admittance" to incoming students who are otherwise admissible, meaning they have met an academic program's admission requirements, but do not have a final transcript from their current institution denoting the conferral of a degree. Most of these students are finishing the final credits of their degree at an institution when they apply, and their degree may not be conferred by the time their classes begin at Champlain.
Provisional admittance is not automatic, nor is it appropriate in all cases. In order to be considered for a "provisional admittance" to Champlain, an applicant must:
- Self-identify at the time of application as being in the last term of coursework at another institution.
- Provide all official transcripts - for past and current academic institutions - at the time of application.
- Have the current institution's registrar, or similar, provide a written statement and return it to Champlain College (via email, fax or USPS) that confirms:
- The applicant is making good academic progress toward conferral.
- The applicant is in good financial standing with the institution.
- Date of expected degree conferral.
- Request from their institution's registrar and provide the final official transcript with date of degree conferral from their current institution prior to the 5th week of classes in their Champlain College academic program.
- Satisfactorily complete their coursework prior to beginning an academic program at Champlain.
At Champlain College, provisional admits are "regular students"and, as such, are eligible for financial aid. However, students admitted provisionally must ensure that Champlain College receives their official transcripts, with degree conferral date, prior to the 5th week of class to ensure their standing in their current and future courses. Provisional admits whose final transcripts are not received prior to the 5th week of classes may be required to return any financial aid they have received to date for their Champlain College program.
Registrar Written Statement and Transcripts should be sent to :
- Champlain College Online
- 163 South Willard St
- PO Box 670
- Burlington VT 05402
- Fax: 802-419-5321
- Email: email@example.com