Student Planning is a tool that allows you to plan your courses for your entire Champlain College career, to review your plans with your Faculty Advisor and have them approved, and to register for your courses. It can also be used to plan courses in a weekly schedule format. If you are considering changing your major, you may "view a new major" and see the degree requirements for the program you are interested in. Your Academic Specialist in the Registrar's Office is available to review the Student Planning module with you and answer any questions you have.
Detailed instructions for using Student Planning are provided below. To see a visual representation of each step, review the How to Use Student Planning to Register Guide.
To Access Student Planning:
- Log in to WebAdvisor from https://www.champlain.edu/current-students
- In WebAdvisor select the Student menu, then click on the Student Planning link, which is on the bottom left under the Academic Profile section
To Review and Change your Student Plan:
- Click on "View Your Progress"
- First year students will have courses planned for them in Student Planning; view them either by scrolling down the page or by clicking on the Plan & Schedule tab and clicking on the Timeline tab
- Remove courses from your plan by clicking on the "x" next to the course on your timeline
- View the course description and change the term that you plan to take by clicking on the course in the timeline
- Add courses to your plan in two ways:
- Option A: Click the "My Progress" tab. Scroll down in your program until you see the course you want to plan.
- Click on the Course Number, this will take you to the Student Planning catalog for that course.
- Click the "Add Course to Plan" button
- Select the term you want to take the course (i.e. 2018 Fall Semester, 2019 Spring Semester) and click the "Add Course to Plan" button again. Note: Do not use terms other than the Fall Semester and Spring Semester options. The other terms listed are for the Online Continuing Professional Studies and Graduate level students. Do not plan a course in the summer without discussing it with your Faculty Advisor or Academic Specialist.
- Option B: Go directly to the "Course Catalog" tab. Here you can search for specific subject codes or click on one in the list. Only select 3 letter subject codes, the 4 letter codes are for students in the Continuing Professional Studies programs (i.e. choose the ACC code for Accounting Courses, not the ACCT courses).
- Click on the subject code you are looking for, then filter your choices, and add courses to your plan
- Please Remember: Once you have planned your courses, you may need to have your plan approved by your Faculty Advisor in order to register. You will want to meet them as soon as possible to go over your choices, so that you will have no issues registering when your registration window opens.
To Choose and Register for Sections:
Link to this FAQ
- To choose the specific sections of your courses that you would like to register for, go to the "Plan & Schedule" tab again, and make sure that you are looking at the upcoming term. (i.e. for Spring 2019 registration make sure that you are looking at the 2019 Spring Semester calendar)
- On the left, the courses that you have planned will be listed. Click on "View Other Sections" to see your section choices for the term
- Click on the section that you want to add to your schedule. If you are certain that this is the course that you want, click "Add Section to Schedule". It will now show as planned on the left.
- Once you have planned your sections and your Registration Window has opened, you are ready to register. You can attempt to register for all of your courses at the same time by clicking on the "Register Now" button, or individually by clicking on the "Register" button on each course.