Q. How do I request a copy of my transcript?
Transcripts are issued by the Enrollment Service Center only at the written request of the student or alumnus. You can make a request of us using one of the following methods:

  • Order online—Champlain College now offers students and alumni the option to order a copy of your transcript online! You can request either a mailed or an electronic copy to be sent to your recipients, and your order is sent directly to the Champlain College Enrollment Services Center for processing. This service allows you to track the progress of your transcript order, and to receive updates via text if you would like. The only way to receive a secure, certified electronic version of your transcript is to use this service. Click here to order your transcript online.
  • Drop by—Simply come to the Enrollment Service Center at Perry Hall and complete a transcript request form.
  • Print our transcript request form, and then fax or mail it to us. Our fax number is (802) 419-4957. Our mailing address is Champlain College Enrollment Service Center, PO Box 670, Burlington, Vermont 05402. (We're sorry we are not able to honor requests received via e-mail or telephone.)
  • Send us a letter—Be sure to include the following information:
    • your full name (or name under which you attended)
    • your Social Security Number or student ID number
    • current mailing address and daytime phone number (in case we have questions about your request)
    • the dates you attended Champlain College
    • the address(es) of the places you would like your transcript to be sent
    • YOUR SIGNATURE—we can not process your request without it.

Q. What is a transcript?
A transcript is a complete record of a student's academic activity at Champlain College, listing all courses taken and grades earned. Other information on the transcript includes degrees earned, Dean's & President's List notations and GPA, term by term and cumulative.

Q. What is the difference between an official transcript and an unofficial transcript?
Both an official and an unofficial transcript reflect a student's academic performance at the College. An official transcript is printed on security paper and bears the registrar's signature and a raised seal. An unofficial transcript is printed on white paper; it does not contain the registrar's signature or the college seal. Official transcripts are mailed to other schools or businesses in specially prepared envelopes; unofficial copies may be sent directly to the student via fax or US Mail.

Q. What is the fee for a copy of my transcript?
For orders sent via mail or fax to the Enrollment Services Center, a copy of your transcript will be provided free of charge. If you use the online transcript ordering service, there will be a fee of $2.25 to $4.00 per transcript, depending on the delivery method you select.

Q. How long will it take for my request to be processed?
Average processing time is five business days. Processing will take longer at points throughout the year when demand for transcripts is high. Please make your request as far in advance as possible. Students who are applying to other institutions are responsible for knowing their deadlines and should make their requests in plenty of time.

Q. What might delay the processing of my request?
Processing will be delayed if you forget to include any of the information listed above. Please remember we can not process your transcript request without your signature. Additionally, your request will not be processed if your student account is not paid in full.

Should you have further questions about transcripts please call the Enrollment Service Center at (802) 860-2777 or email us at