Student Health Insurance
Health insurance coverage is required for all students. All students are enrolled and billed for the College health insurance plan, unless a health insurance waiver is completed. Details about the College health insurance plan as well as details on how to waive coverage are provided below. Please note that the Consolidated Health Insurance is a term policy for the current year and will be canceled if the student withdraws from the College.
Plan Details: Coverage and Cost
All registered full-time traditional undergraduate students (12 credits or more, with no more than 50% online courses) are billed a fee each semester for student health insurance.
For Spring 2018, the cost is $909. The cost for Fall 2018 and Spring 2019 will be determined by April 1, 2018 for the 2018–2019 school year.
This plan is mandatory for all students who are not covered by another policy and have not completed the online waiver form. Health insurance cards confirming coverage will be mailed to the student’s local address before the start of their entry term. Master of Fine Arts students may request student health insurance by contacting Compass Student Services at (802) 860-2777.
Health Insurance Waivers: Availability and Deadlines
Waivers are available and due as follows:
Students entering January 2018
Waiver available online November 6, 2017
Students entering August 2018
Waiver available online June 1, 2018
If a waiver is not received by the deadlines above, the insurance plan and associated cost of $909 will remain in effect for the Spring 2018 semester, and the full cost will remain for the 2018–2019 academic year, unless the student withdraws from the College.
Completing a Health Insurance Waiver
- Have your existing insurance card on hand.
- Go to champlain.edu/webadvisor and log in.
- Under the “Student Accounts” heading, choose “FT Decline Health Ins,” which brings you to the Consolidated Health Plans for Champlain College.
- On this page click the blue “Waiver” tab to DECLINE the Champlain College Health Insurance.
- Read the Disclosure Acknowledgment to ensure you understand the insurance coverage. Next, choose “Continue” at the bottom and go to the waiver form.
- Enter all the health insurance information from your existing policy.
- Complete the electronic signature and click “Submit.”
- Confirm you completed the process. If you did not receive the confirmation email, the waiver did not go through and you must repeat the process. Print out and save the confirmation email.
If you have any problems with the waiver form online, please contact Compass Student Services at (802) 860-2777.
Health insurance is not offered to part-time students.