Additional SBP Information
SBP Budget Model
Budgets are anchored in zero based budgeting and are created based on necessary activities that align to the strategic plan. Each department/division must identify, quantify, prioritize and justify each budget request.
- Thorough review of needs
- Proper allocation of limited resources
- Investment of time
Truths about SBP
- Equity: Everyone uses the same format and gets the same attention creating a "level playing field"
- Addition work: There will be an investment of time needed for this projects success.
- Need vs Wants:
- Financial resources are limited.
- Shifts the lens to institutional
- Eliminates reduction in budget because of spending and hoarding of budget through assurance funds can be reallocated when needed.
- Requests reflect true needs for FY