How to Request a Job
For faculty bio page updates: use the button above and select Requests > New Request > select Faculty Bio Update type > enter your information. Required fields are in bold.
What We Do
The Marketing Department's primary responsibility is to support Undergraduate Enrollment; however, we also develop collateral (such a posters, brochures, and invitations), video, advertising, and branding for other internal clients. Additionally, the Marketing Department is responsible for maintaining the College's website and digital signage as well as ordering College business cards and name tags.
Every job that goes through the Marketing Department begins with by completing a Job Request Form in Workfront. The information you will need to begin a job includes:
- A project description, including project goals
- Budget and budget number
- Single point of contact for the job. This individual is responsible for collating edits and final approval from stakeholders.
Before you submit a Job Request, please be sure:
- the timeline is realistic.
- the job is well thought out and has been approved by your internal stakeholders.
- Login to Workfront using your Champlain Gmail username and password (please use all lowercase letters for your username).
- Select "Requests." Click the blue "New Request" button, then "Select a Request Type." Choose from the following list of options:
- Request a Small Web Edit (Webmaster)
- Request a Project (Collateral, Web, Advertising, Branding, Email, Video, Photography)
- Request Digital Signage
- Request a Faculty Bio Update
- Request a Name Tag or Business Card
- Complete the request form. All questions with bold headers are required. Click the '?' symbol for additional information about select fields.
- If you have already written copy or have examples of similar work you would like to share, please attach it using the tool at the top of the form.
- Once you have submitted all the necessary information, you will receive an email confirming that the job request has been received. The more advance notice we receive, the better we're able to brainstorm and provide you with the best possible product.
- Ongoing project communication will take place through Workfront, rather than email. Visit Workfront: A Simple Guide for more information.
Be sure to allow plenty of time for the approval process. All communication and proofs will go through the designated point person, who will be responsible for obtaining any outstanding information, collecting and forwarding edits/changes to the marketing department after reviewing the proof, and sign-off/final approval on the project within their department (Supervisor, VP, Provost, President, etc.).