Commuting by bicycle is a great way to get exercise, save money and time, and help reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
Champlain College encourages bicycle commuting by:
- There are plenty of bike racks available on campus for short term use. See the racks layer on our google transportation map for locations, details and photographs.
- Need to get changed after your commute? There are locker and shower facilities available in IDX at the Gym and in Lakeside on the second floor.
- The CATMA Bike Rewards program gives persons who bike 24 times in a 60 day period (3 days a week) a $15 gift card to either Merrill's Roxy cinema, SkiRack bike shop or City Market. Every logged commute also is an entry into the quarterly prize drawing. Free stuff just for biking!
- Worried about bicycle security or need to leave your bike overnight because the weather turned bad? Use our indoor bike storage room in Cushing Hall (others in Butler and Juniper too). Simply email firstname.lastname@example.org to request key card access the first time.
- Not confident enough to commute or need additional tips? Local Motion and Champlain College offer Everyday Bicycling Workshops for things like "Biking Basics" and "Winter Bike Commuting".
- Need a pump or tools? The bike rack area serving the CCM building between Bader Hall and Cushing Hall has a Fixit Station and heavy duty pump. A pump can also be found in the stair tower at Lakeside and in ChampShop.
Other great safety information to help your commute such as safe locking techniques and winter riding tips can be found on our Bicycle Safety page.
Need more information on bicycle commuting? Check out more at localmotion.org/resources/commuting