Once a final candidate is identified and reference checks have been completed (at least three professional references), a verbal offer can be made after verification with Sr. Recruiter that everything is in order and all steps have been completed, including proposed salary, potential relocation and benefits.
Once a verbal offer has been accepted, hiring manager or operations manager for academic positions, will enter the hire into Workday. All new employees will start on a Monday, Tuesday if Monday is a holiday (excluding faculty who start July 1). Must allow at least two weeks from time an offer is submitted (verbal offer accepted and hire entered into Workday) to when an employee may start. .
- Enter hire into Workday
- Approvals in Workday (Hiring Managers Responsibility)
- Offer letter written
- Send offer to appropriate VP/Provost/President for signature
- People Center sends formal offer via email to new hire
- Once formal offer is received back by Champlain College People Center, onboarding will be sent to employee. We ask that employees complete onboarding within 72 hours.
- The background check consent form is part of the onboarding. Once the consent form is completed we enter the information into our background check vendor (ADP). Background checks can take 3-10 business day depending on how many places and where the new employee has lived. Note: If background check comes back unsuccessful, the Vice President of People and Technology will resolve.
- Once all of onboarding has been completed and a background check has come back as successfully passed, the new employee may begin working.
Contact the People Center: firstname.lastname@example.org