Explore these great resources for staying informed and motivated!
Wellbeing has 5 essential elements (Source: Wellbeing - The Five Essential Elements, wbfinder.com):
- Career Wellbeing - "Do you like what you do every day? With thriving career wellbeing you will have something to look forward to every day and twice the odds of thriving overall. Our careers significantly shape our wellbeing. In fact, wellbeing recovers more rapidly from the death of a spouse than it does from a sustained period of unemployment."
- Social Wellbeing - "Do you have strong relationships and love in your life? Your Social Wellbeing is strongly influenced by your closest relationships and social connections. For each hour of social time (up to six) you experience in a given day, your odds of having a good day increase and your odds of having a bad day decrease."
- Financial Wellbeing - "Do you think money buys you happiness? Financial Security has much more influence on your overall wellbeing than your income alone. At almost every income level, experiential purchases produce a higher level of wellbeing than material purchases. Material items fade, but we can relive experiences forever."
- Physical Wellbeing - "Do you have good health and energy to do what you want every day? With thriving Physical Wellbeing you will look better, feel better and live longer. Regular exercise improves your wellbeing and daily energy level, but only 27% of Americans get the recommended amount of exercise each week."
- Community Wellbeing - "Do you take pride in your community? The positive outcomes of thriving Community Wellbeing might be the difference between having a good life and a great one. Volunteering not only benefits society and improves your Community Wellbeing, but it also increases your learning and interest level throughout the day."
For other great information and tips, please view the following resources:
Gardening with Charlie Nardozzi
Take a look around Gardening with Charlie, the informative and inspiring website of nationally recognized gardening expert Charlie Nardozzi.
View or subscribe to Charlie's bi-monthly newsletter.
Community Sailing Center
Explore Burlington's Community Sailing Center.
Sign up for the Community Sailing newsletter.
Vision Service Plan
View VSP Vision Care and learn how to effectively take care of your eyesight.
Sign up for the Wellness Wire Newsletter through your member page.