Master of Fine Arts in Emergent Media
This program is not currently accepting new students. The program teach out begins June 2019 and concludes July 2021.
Create the Future Through Media
Champlain's MFA in Emergent Media provides a personal and rigorous experience for creative thinkers looking to build rewarding careers in media, technology and design. While focusing on building skills, problem-solving, creative expression, and mastering evolving tools and processes, you’ll develop the most important strengths for long-term career success: integration, collaboration and adaptability. Through our reflective cross-disciplinary development and production processes, you’ll learn to create cutting-edge, interactive, participatory media capable of transforming people’s lives.
- Explore the crossroads of art, innovation and technology. Throughout the program students will define the next generation of expressive communications whether large scale interactives, mobile games, augmented reality, or new uses of social media platforms.
- Immerse yourself in the latest technological advances through a collaborative production environment. Champlain's Emergent Media Center (EMC) provides a working studio where undergraduate and graduate students work together on mission-based digital media innovations for real clients.
- Use our MakerLab to bring your ideas to life. The Champlain College MakerLab is a prototyping facility equipped with state-of-the-art 3D printers, 3-D scanner, laser cutter, vinyl cutter, Arduinos and traditional tools allowing students to explore possibilities for invention and entrepreneurship.
- Learn from leaders in the world of emergent media. Our MFA faculty are industry experts in the world of video games, interactive design, mobile computing, and more. Their insight and experience adds real-world lessons to the curriculum.
- Live and work in Burlington, VT, a perfect college town. Burlington's vibrant art scene and relative proximity to high-tech hubs makes it a prime location to live and work with emergent media.