Cost should never be a barrier to higher education. Don't let a lack of funds prevent you from achieving your goals. You may be eligible for a variety of financial aid programs.
Requirements for financial aid assistance:
- Must be either a citizen or eligible non-citizen of the United States
- Must have a valid Social Security number
- For federal aid, must be enrolled in a degree program
- For student loans, must be enrolled at least half-time (6 credits)
- Cannot owe a refund on a federal student grant nor be in default on a federal student loan
- Must meet minimum standards of academic progress as outlined in the Champlain College Student Handbook
How to Apply For Financial Aid
Complete and submit the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) at www.fafsa.ed.gov. The FAFSA is our official application for federal aid and is also required by most states in their grant application process. Our Title IV School Code is 003684.
We encourage you to use completed tax information when completing the FAFSA, but when necessary estimated figures may be used. Financial aid awards based on estimated financial information will be subject to review and revision once taxes are finalized. Please submit your FAFSA information as soon as possible, even if you have not completed the application process. That way, when you are accepted and ready to register, your financial aid paperwork will already be underway and you won't be stuck waiting for word of your financial aid status.