Upon completion, graduates of our online AS in Accounting program will have the following competencies, adapted from the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) Core Competency Framework:
- Accounting Skills: Accountants apply financial frameworks used by business to prepare financial reports and to complete other financial tasks required of them.
- Legal Skills & Business/Tax Law: Accountants, especially CPAs, apply laws as they relate to business and individual tax issues, businesses and their transactions and to their professional responsibilities.
- Financial Intelligence: Accountants, especially CPAs, apply professional judgment when preparing, analyzing and interpreting financial information in a way that reflects both its art and its science dimensions.
- Communication: Accountants interpret complex information clearly and concisely when presenting financial analyses and reports.
- Problem Solving/Decision Making: Accountants objectively analyze information to identify problems and use business and financial knowledge to develop solutions for them.