Online Computer & Information Systems (CIS) Bachelor's Degree
Developing CIS Professionals for Today and Tomorrow
Our online bachelor's in Computer Information Systems prepares you to succeed in this high-demand, quickly growing field. As organizations rely more and more on computers, mobile devices and digital technology to communicate, collect and process data and conduct business, the need for professionals with a computer information systems degree continues to grow. At Champlain College Online, our bachelor's degree in computer information systems educates you in not only the latest technologies, but also the social skills needed in a CIS professional: strong interpersonal, communication and collaboration skills that allow you to more easily and efficiently interact not only with your co-workers, but also with others both inside and outside your organization.
Ready to get started? Create an account and begin your application today. There is no fee to apply.
Organizations searching for individuals holding a bachelor's degree in computer information systems are aiming to fill positions such as: IT support specialist, programmer/analyst, application developer, IT consultant and infrastructure architect, to name a few. The Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that the job outlook for computer systems analysts is projected to grow much faster than average through 2022 as compared to other professions.
Why Earn Your Bachelor's Degree in Computer & Information Systems Online at Champlain College?
- Designed for busy working adults, our online computer information systems degree allow you to apply what you learn in the classroom from day one.
- 100% online coursework in our online CIS degree you participate on days and times convenient for you.
- 7-week courses help you earn your computer information systems degree online sooner. (Note: Select courses are 15 weeks long. Due to the complex nature of the content of some courses, the courses cannot be condensed into 7-week sessions. Your individual time to degree completion will be dependent on a number of factors including: total credits transferred in, test-out credits earned, number of classes taken each semester, and whether you are continuously enrolled.)
- Nationally recognized by US News & World Report and College Choice, and regionally accredited by NEASC.
- Generous transfer credit policy allows you to transfer up to 90 credits with the potential to earn credit for professional experience and training toward your online bachelor's in computer information systems.
- Personalized student experience with a dedicated academic advisor and an entire Champlain team to help you as you pursue your online degree in computer and information systems.
- Practitioner faculty who are experts in the field and understand industry needs.
- Skills you need, and skills employers want. As you work toward your online degree in CIS, not only will you develop competencies in network administration and security, assessing organizational IS needs, project management skills, and database management, but you'll also develop the critical thinking, problem-solving and communication skills that will make you successful throughout your career.
Gain Expertise and a Certificate Prior to Graduation
At Champlain College Online, we know how important it is for you to gain knowledge and expertise quickly, and to differentiate yourself in the workplace and in today's competitive job market. That's why we have designed our online bachelor's in computer and information systems to allow you to earn a certificate in an area of specialization well before you have completed your requirements for your degree. Gain a certificate in:
Is this you're looking for in a computer and information systems degree? Apply today (there's no application fee), or visit our admission requirements page to learn more about the application process.
Our Accredited Online BS in Computer Information Systems Degree Program
Get an overview of our 100% online, fully-accredited bachelor's in computer & information systems (CIS).
The Bachelor's in Computer and Information Systems (CIS) is composed of online CIS courses, professional courses, and general education courses that provide foundational knowledge and immediate takeaways that can be applied on the job. These courses are focused, relevant, and most are delivered in an accelerated 7-week format.
Already have a degree, but want to show proficiency in a focused area of knowledge? Want a credential for your resume as you pursue your degree? Learn more about our 100% online computer & information systems certificates.
Upon completion, graduates with a BS degree in Computer & Information Systems should be able to administer and secure network systems, use scripting languages and web services, identify and analyze user needs, analyze the information needs of an organization, employ project management tools and techniques, effectively utilize database and database management systems, and apply a specialized area of IT knowledge.
At Champlain College Online, our comprehensive admissions process is designed to take into account your whole story. We are interested in your previous academic record, but knowing you have much more to bring to the table as a working adult, we'll also consider your current and previous work experiences, as well as your personal and professional goals.
Champlain College offers six start dates per year. Learn more about our application deadlines, class start dates and end dates for each 7-week and 15-week term in our online bachelor's in computer and information systems program.
Tuition for our undergraduate degree and certificate programs varies based on your student status (part-time or full-time) and the number of transfer credits you are bringing in. Find out more about our tuition rates, as well as ways to finance your education.
The Program Director for the Online Computer & Information Systems Bachelor's Degree is Bob Green, MA, the Assistant Dean for Information Technology for the Division of Continuing Professional Studies (CPS) at Champlain College Online.
Champlain College Online's B.S. in Computer & Information Systems (CIS) faculty is selected based on educational knowledge and teaching skill, combined with their solid professional work experience and industry expertise. Our faculty bring wisdom and real-world insight to their classes, allowing you to benefit from their years of experience and a rich community of career-focused learning.
Interested in learning more about what Champlain College Online can offer you? Request more information and a Champlain College representative will be in touch with you soon!