Online Cybersecurity Bachelor's Degree
Secure Your Future With the Best in the Cyber Security Field
Your search for the best online cybersecurity bachelor's degree program is over. Champlain College is a nationally recognized leader in cyber security education and earned the distinction of "best cyber security higher education program" from SC Magazine in 2013 and 2015. Our online Bachelor's in Cybersecurity is the hands-on preparation you need for a successful career in protecting organizations' digital assets and intelligence from security breaches, and it arms current cybersecurity professionals with the credentials they need to progress in the field. Through our online cybersecurity program, you will learn to apply security measures to ensure confidentiality, integrity and availability of data, as well as how to respond in the event of a security hack in your organization.
Designed with experiential learning in mind, students in our online cybersecurity degree program will have access to a state-of-the-art virtual laboratory environment where you will do far more than watch- you'll actively participate in simulations. Furthermore, our emphasis on problem- solving rather than testing will provide you with lasting skills that will give you an adaptive edge as technology changes and global digital environments become more complex.
With more and more information being stored digitally, Cybersecurity is quickly becoming one of the most important fields in business and government. Currently designated as a mission-critical function within the federal government, significant job opportunities are available in public and private sectors for cyber incidence response, cyber risk and strategic analysis, vulnerability detection and assessment and more. Furthermore, the Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that job prospects for information security analysts will grow much faster than the average of all occupations through 2022.
Why Earn Your Bachelor's Degree in Cybersecurity Online at Champlain College?
- Designed for busy working adults, our online cybersecurity degree program allows you to apply what you learn in the classroom from day one.
- 100% online coursework allows you to participate at days and times convenient for you.
- 7-week courses help you reach completion sooner. (Note: Your individual time to degree completion will be dependent on a number of factors including: total credits transferred in, test-out credits earned, number of classes taken each semester, and whether you are continuously enrolled.)
- Nationally recognized cybersecurity and computer forensics programs, designated a Center of Academic Excellence by the National Security Administration and Department of Homeland Security, and a DC 3 National Center of Digital Forensics Academic Excellence by the United States Air Force Office of Special Investigations.
- Awarded the "Best Cyber Security Higher Education Program" by SC Magazine in 2013 and 2015.
- Regional accreditation ensures academic standards are met or exceeded.
- Generous transfer credit policy allows you to transfer up to 90 credits, with the potential to earn credit for professional experience and training.
- Personalized student experience with a dedicated academic advisor and an entire Champlain team to help you as you pursue your cybersecurity degree online.
- Practitioner faculty who are experts in the field and understand industry needs.
- Skills you need, and skills employers want. Not only will you learn the latest cyber security strategies and policies but you'll also develop the critical thinking, problem-solving and communication skills that will make you successful throughout your career.
Gain Expertise and a Certificate Prior to Graduation
At Champlain College Online, we know how important it is for you to gain knowledge and expertise quickly, and to differentiate yourself in the workplace and in today's competitive job market. That's why we have designed our online bachelor's in cybersecurity to allow you to earn a certificate in an area of specialization well before you have completed your requirements for a degree. Gain a certificate in:
Our Accredited Online BS in Cybersecurity Degree Program
Get an overview of our 100% online, fully-accredited bachelor's in cybersecurity.
The cybersecurity bachelor's degree program is composed of online cybersecurity courses, professional courses, and general education courses that provide foundational knowledge and immediate takeaways that can be applied on the job. These online courses are focused, relevant, and most are delivered in an accelerated 7-week format.
Already have a degree, but want to show proficiency in a focused area of knowledge? Want a credential for your resume as you pursue your degree? Learn more about our 100% online cybersecurity certificates.
Upon completion, graduates of our online BS in Cybersecurity program will be able to evaluate the computer network and information security needs of an organization, assess cybersecurity risk management policies, measure the performance of security systems, troubleshoot and maintain an enterprise-level information security system, implement continuous network monitoring and provide real-time security solutions, and formulate short- and long-term organizational cybersecurity strategies and policies.
At Champlain College Online, our comprehensive admissions process is designed to take into account your whole story. We are interested in your previous academic record, but knowing you have much more to bring to the table as a working adult, we'll also consider your current and previous work experiences, as well as your personal and professional goals.
Champlain College offers six start dates per year. Learn more about our application deadlines, class start dates and end dates for each 7-week and 15-week term in our online bachelor's in cybersecurity program.
Tuition for our undergraduate degree and certificate programs varies based on your student status (part-time or full-time) and the number of transfer credits you are bringing in. Find out more about our tuition rates, as well as ways to finance your education.
Learn more about the Program Director for the Online Cybersecurity Bachelor's Degree, Bob Green.
Champlain College Online's B.S. in Cybersecurity faculty is selected based on educational knowledge and teaching skill, combined with their solid professional work experience and industry expertise. Our faculty bring wisdom and real-world insight to their classes, allowing you to benefit from their years of experience and a rich community of career-focused learning.
Interested in learning more about what Champlain College Online can offer you? Request more information and a Champlain College representative will be in touch with you soon!