BS in Health Information Technology
Harness Technology to Improve the Health Care Environment
With technology being a driving force behind much of the current and anticipated changes in healthcare, the demand for skilled information technology professionals with a specialized understanding of healthcare is significant. Our online bachelor's degree in health information technology is designed to take your experience in healthcare to the next level by arming you with the information technology and related expertise you need to become even more valuable in the field. It's anchored by instructors who are also healthcare practitioners, and who are passionate about the field and helping you succeed. You'll gain knowledge of the processes, procedures and policies needed to assure the security and integrity of data; IT solutions that increase efficiency, safety and data-driven decision making; current laws and accreditation standards that impact the field of health information technology and much more.
With a degree in health information technology, you could find yourself managing health data systems, ensuring the security of Protected Health Information (PHI), designing systems that facilitate health decision making, and more in a variety of settings such as a hospital, government, a healthcare system or an insurance company.
Please Note: This is a 60 credit accelerated bachelor's program. To apply, you must first have an associate degree, or 60 equivalent college credits, in any discipline. Need an associate degree? Consider our associate degree in business management before pursuing your health information technology bachelor's degree.
Why Earn Your Bachelor's Degree in Health Information Technology Online at Champlain College?
- Designed for busy working adults, our online health information technology degree program allows you to apply what you learn in the classroom from day one.
- 100% online coursework allows you to participate at days and times convenient for you.
- 7-week courses help you reach completion sooner. (Note: Your individual time to degree completion will be dependent on a number of factors including: total credits transferred in, test-out credits earned, number of classes taken each semester, and whether you are continuously enrolled.)
- You'll complete a capstone project that will allow you to propose a solution to a real issue within your health care organization.
- Nationally recognized by US News and World Report and College Choice, and regionally accredited by NEASC.
- Build on your knowledge with a program that utilizes your healthcare experience as a foundation for hands-on learning.
- Generous transfer credit policy allows you to transfer up to 90 credits, with the potential to earn credit for professional experience and training.
- Personalized student experience with a dedicated academic advisor and an entire Champlain team to help you as you pursue your health information technology degree online.
- Practitioner faculty who are experts in the field and understand industry needs.
- Skills you need, and skills employers want. Not only will you learn new best practices and perspectives in health care information, you'll also develop the critical thinking, problem-solving and communication skills that will make you successful throughout your career.