Online Web Design & Development Bachelor's Degree Program
Developing the Websites of Tomorrow
Our online web design bachelor's degree will help you capitalize on the growing demand for web designers and developers by teaching you the skills needed to succeed in this dynamic profession, and by providing foundational knowledge that will prepare you for new and emerging trends in the field. With our online web design degree you will learn how to marry the design side of a web design degree with the back-end programming of a web development degree to make a well-designed and functional website. As a student in our online web development degree program you will gain a foundation that integrates all aspects of the field including programming, design, e-commerce and infrastructure. Armed with design, technical and business savvy, you'll have the confidence to begin your career or progress in this dynamic field.
Ready to get started on your web design bachelor's degree online? Create an account and begin your application today. There is no fee to apply.
With a faster than average job growth through 2022, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the field of web design and development offers tremendous opportunity. As a web designer and developer, you will have the ability to work in a number of different fields including computer systems design, creative services, finance and insurance, education and nonprofits.
Why Earn Your Bachelor's Degree in Web Design & Development Online at Champlain College?
- Designed for busy working adults, our online web development degree programs allow you to apply what you learn in the classroom from day one.
- 100% online coursework allows you to participate at days and times convenient for you as you pursue your web design degree online.
- 7-week courses help you reach completion of your online web design degree sooner. (Note: Your individual time to degree completion will be dependent on a number of factors including: total credits transferred in, test-out credits earned, number of classes taken each semester, and whether you are continuously enrolled.)
- Nationally recognized by U.S. News & World Report and College Choice, and regionally accredited by NEASC.
- Awarded the distinction of a "Top 20 Affordable Online Web Development Degree Program" by Graphic Design Hub.
- Generous transfer credit policy allows you to transfer up to 90 credits toward your online web design bachelor's degree, with the potential to earn credit for professional experience and training.
- Personalized student experience with a dedicated academic advisor and an entire Champlain team to help you as you pursue your web design bachelor's degree online.
- Practitioner faculty who are experts in the field and understand industry needs.
- Skills you need, and skills employers want. Not only will you be able to design Website elements while also managing the overall site programming, you'll also develop the critical thinking, problem-solving and communication skills that will make you successful throughout your career.
Gain Expertise and a Certificate Prior to Graduation
At Champlain College, we know how important it is for you to gain knowledge and expertise quickly, and to differentiate yourself in the workplace and in today's competitive job market. That's why we have designed our online web developer program to allow you to earn a certificate in an area of specialization well before you have completed your requirements for a degree. Gain a certificate in:
Our Accredited Online BS in Web Design & Development Degree Program
Get an overview of our 100% online, fully-accredited bachelor's in web design & development.
The web design and development bachelor's degree program is composed of online web design, web development courses, professional courses, and general education courses that provide foundational knowledge and immediate take-aways that can be applied on the job. These online courses are focused, relevant and most are delivered in an accelerated 7-week format.
Already have a degree, but want to show proficiency in a focused area of knowledge? Want a credential for your resume as you pursue your degree? Learn more about our 100% online web design & development certificates.
Upon completion, graduates with a B.S. degree in Web Design & Development will be able to employ fundamental computer theory to baisc programming techniques, use fundamental skills to maintain web server services required to host a website, select and apply markup languages for web pages, use scripting languages and web services to transfer data, create and manipulate web media objects using editing software, incorporate aesthetics and formal concepts of layout and organization to design websites, conceptualize and plan an internet-based business, combine multiple web technologies to create advanced web components, design websites using appropriate security principles, and incorporate best practices to design websites that deliver strong user experiences.
At Champlain College Online, our comprehensive admissions process is designed to take into account your whole story. We are interested in your previous academic record, but knowing you have much more to bring to the table as a working adult, we'll also consider your current and previous work experiences, as well as your personal and professional goals.
Champlain College offers six start dates per year. Learn more about our application deadlines, class start dates and end dates for each 7-week and 15-week term in our online bachelor's in web design & development program.
Tuition for our undergraduate degree and certificate programs varies based on your student status (part-time or full-time) and the number of transfer credits you are bringing in. Find out more about our tuition rates, as well as ways to finance your education.
The Program Director for the Web Design & Development Bachelor's Degree is Bob Green, MA, the Assistant Dean for Information Technology for the Division of Continuing and Professional Studies (CPS) at Champlain College Online.