I am a Mechanical Engineer, have a Master's degree in Adult Education, and a post baccalaureate certificate in Distance Education, with graduate classes in mathematics and engineering. I have been teaching college math online for 23 years.
I have experience as an engineer working on armament systems. I spent two years in Adult Training Development with the state of South Carolina, on projects in advanced aircraft assembly, working on the Boeing Dreamliner aircraft fuselage, and development of training for the new hydrogen economy. I have years of experience working as the Director for Instructional Design and Educational Technology at Midlands Technical College, in charge of the online learning management system.
My background in engineering, which is essentially applied math, in adult education and training, in instructional design and educational technology and in distance education was a perfect combination for teaching online math. I love teaching, and I am here to help you learn. I am always interested in ways to incorporate new paths for learning into the course.
- Presenter at Desire2Learn Fusion users conference
- Presenter at MTC Assessment Institute
- Presenter at PTC Assessments Conference
- Presenter at SC Desire2Learn users eLearning Forum
- Presenter at SC Technical Educators Association
- Presenter at Bellwether Community College Futures Assembly
- Presenter at Innovator Spotlight (sponsored by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation)
- Presenter at Sloan-C International Conference on Online Learning
- International Finalist 2011 Desire2Excell innovation award for Testing the Test
- Bellwether Finalist 2012 for Reinventing the College's online learning system
- 2010 League of Innovation: Innovation of the Year for Midlands Technical College