Online Undergraduate Certificate in Computer Forensics & Digital Investigations
Earn your Computer Forensics & Digital Investigations Certificate online at Champlain College Online and enter this career field with a credential employers will respect.
Our 18-credit online Computer Forensics & Digital Investigations Certificate will provide students with:
- The essential rationale underlying criminal law such as the nature of jurisdiction, the criminal act, the criminal state of mind and matters affecting responsibility for criminal conduct
- An in-depth coverage of computer crime statutes, management of evidence, and industry best-practices for examining computers that might contain crime-related information as well as how to prepare computer evidence for courtroom testimony
- Techniques used to investigate crimes perpetuated over the Internet and other telecommunications networks; crimes such as auction fraud and social engineering, e-mail scams and phishing will be analyzed
- Insight into the motives behind white-collar crime and methods used by white-collar criminals to pursue their criminal endeavors, and the enforcement strategies and techniques applied in these cases.
- Specialized areas of digital forensics, namely, information hiding, anti-forensics, and network forensics; data hiding and anti-forensics will be explored with a specific concentration on cryptography (secret writing) and steganography (hidden writing)
- Basic principles of digital media presented to show how digital images, audio, and video can be manipulated and how such manipulation can be detected
Note: Federal financial aid is only available for associate, bachelor's and master's degree programs. Stand-alone certificate programs are ineligible for financial aid.
Benefits of a Computer Forensics Certificate From Champlain
Champlain College Online is one of the best colleges for computer forensics. We understand how important it is for busy working adults to gain knowledge and expertise quickly, which is why our computer forensics online courses are applicable to the real world from day one, and allow you to participate at days and times convenient to you. Our online computer forensics certificate can be completed in less than a year, allowing you to get started in your new career path sooner. Whether you've already earned an undergraduate degree or you're currently pursuing your bachelor's degree, pursuing a computer forensics certification online is a great way to earn a credential in the computer forensics & digital investigations field, get your resume noticed, and demonstrate proficiency in a focused area of knowledge.
Computer Forensics & Digital Investigations Certificate Program Curriculum*
Our undergraduate certificate in computer forensics & digital investigations is designed for working adults, and equips students with the principles of computer forensics that can be applied to their workplaces from day one, covering topics such as criminal law, anti-forensics and network forensics, digital forensic investigation techniques, operating system forensics, mobile forensics, white-collar crime, cybercrime, and file forensics. When you study computer forensics online, you will be taking computer forensics & digital investigations courses, professional courses, and technical courses, all of which are focused and relevant to today's computer forensics & digital investigations professionals. And because our computer forensics certificate counts towards our Computer Forensics & Digital Investigations, Cybersecurity, and Economic Crime Investigation bachelor's degrees, your certificate can be earned as either a stand-alone credential or as a step along your path to a degree.
|Course #||Course Title||Credits|
|CRIM 120||Criminal Law||3|
|CFDI 270||Anti-Forensics and Network Forensics||3|
|CFDI 240||Digital Forensic Investigation Techniques||3|
|CFDI 345||Operating System Forensics||3|
|Plus 2 of the following:|
|CFDI 310||Mobile Forensics||3|
|CFDI 350||White-Collar Crime||3|
|CFDI 320||File Forensics||3|
|Total Credits to Earn This Certificate:||18|
*Some courses in this certificate program may have prerequisites. Please click on the course name for a description and prerequisite information. If prerequisites are listed that are not currently part of the certificate program please call an admissions representative at 888-545-3459 for more information.
All of Champlain College's undergraduate certificate programs were designed with the adult learner in mind. All are offered in areas essential to today's job market, and are designed to be taught with the needs of busy working adults in mind: with immediate professional relevance, real-world application, and collaborative instruction from faculty that are experts in their fields. Our courses are offered in a convenient, 100% online format, accessible at any time, from anywhere, allowing you to fit your classwork into your schedule in a way that works for you. And because Champlain College is dedicated to offering a high-quality higher education experience, you'll be gaining both knowledge in your field of interest, and broadly-applicable skills essential to success in the modern workplace, such as critical thinking, problem solving, and communication. Earning a certificate from Champlain College Online means obtaining a respected credential from an accredited, nonprofit institution with a 140-year legacy of career-focused higher education, named the "Most Innovative School" in the North by U.S. News & World Report.
Create an account and start your online application today!
Undergraduate Certificate Admissions Information
All the admissions information for our undergraduate certificate programs can be found through the links below.
Ready to Apply?
Create an account and start your online application today!