Program Details for the Media Production Academy
In this 16-day on-campus summer academy, students will gain hands-on experience in all aspects of media production, alongside Champlain College industry-expert faculty.
By the end of the program you will have learned to create news stories, personal video essays, podcasts, and a studio-based short program as well as gain experience with live streaming. You will have access to industry standard camera and lighting equipment (Canon XA-10, Lowell Rifa Lighting kits) and industry standard software such as the Adobe Creative Suite and the Tricaster mobile studio.
The program includes field trips to local media outlets such as television and radio stations, newspapers, and commercial production houses.
Skills you will have the opportunity to develop:
- Operating industry-specific software and equipment
- Storytelling with sound
- Visual storytelling
- Visual composition
- Media writing for multiple platforms
- On-air presentation
And gain experience:
- Preparing media for public presentation
- Presenting your work to others in a clear and professional manner
- Participating in group critiques to demonstrate effective listening skills and the ability to deliver honest and constructive criticism
The culmination of this experience will be the creation of an entertainment-style program featuring the work students created of the course of the Academy.