How to Apply
Download the full job description.
The Champlain College Eco-Reps are residential students who help raise awareness about ecological issues and encourage environmentally responsible behavior of campus residents. Eco-Reps educate their residence hall mates about environmental issues such as waste reduction and energy conservation. They also collaborate on related activities in their residence halls with their Resident Assistants (RA). Eco-Reps act as the additional "eyes and ears" regarding the physical operations of the buildings and alert Physical Plant staff if necessary.
Eco-Reps must attend training and planning meetings (Monday afternoons from 3:30 - 5:00 pm). In the fall, Eco-Reps must also attend a mandatory orientation session on Saturday, September 16, 2017. At each meeting you'll be introduced to a new topic, help plan activities and brainstorm actions you'll take in your residence halls over the following weeks. Other duties include group activities, collaborative projects and opportunities to represent the Eco-Reps Program at various campus events.
*You must live in a Champlain College residence hall to be an Eco-Rep.*
Eco-Reps commit an average of four hours/week including an one and a half (1.5) hour meetings on most Mondays (3:30 - 5:00 pm). Much of your work will be done independently, on your own schedule. There will be requests for participation in occasional group events and training opportunities.
- Effective communication skills (through a variety of means)
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Ability to see projects through to completion
- Ability to learn information about environmental topics and relate that information to your peers
- Enthusiastic, engaging individuals who are passionate about environmental and social issues
- Students who can be held accountable for their work
- Creativity and fun
What's In It For You:
- $10.20/hour for four hours of work per week. (You do not have to be work-study eligible, but you can use this position as a work-study job.)
- Professional development, leadership, and peer education skills
- Knowledge of environmental and social topics
- The experience of working with other passionate students
Complete an application found on-line at http://bit.ly/EcoRepsApp
Applications for Fall 2017 are due Tuesday, September 5. Applicants must attend an information session/group interview on Monday, September 11th at 3:30pm in Alumni Auditorium.
Contact Christina Erickson at firstname.lastname@example.org or (802) 865-5449