Mission, Value, and Outcomes Statement:
The Champlain College Swap Shop aims to provide a welcoming forum for members of our campus community to donate, exchange, and take home items free of charge. We are committed to environmental and economic justice, recognizing that there can never be an assumption of someone's financial or life circumstances and that every person should have adequate access to basic amenities, such as clothing and food, as part of their personal journey towards a dignified existence. All of our items are gleaned from donations, waste collection days, and community partnerships as a way to both divert waste from landfills and educate members of the campus community about creative ways to repurpose items. Campus community members will be provided with workshops and tools for repurposing, and through this upcycling and recycling of materials, we aim to demonstrate an ecological understanding of, and deep gratitude for, the earth's finite resources.
- to divert otherwise unwanted materials from the landfill
- to have a space where the Champlain Community can find items they need for free/swap (clothing, books, games, small housewares)
- to have a space to host upcycling/craft workshops
Location: Skiff 011
Hours / COVID Protocols:
1. Make an appointment with email@example.com (available Monday-Friday, 9am-4pm)
2. Use the front door of Skiff Hall to check in
3. Sanitize your hands before you enter the Swap Shop (dispensers available in Skiff Hall)
4. Only enter one party at a time, not to exceed two people
5. Masks must remain on at all times
6. Stay at home if you feel unwell. No person with a respiratory illness may enter
Please turn off the lights when you leave. Students employees will be monitoring the space on a weekly basis.
Please note: all items from the Swap Shop may be taken "as is". We recommend washing any item before using or wearing it.
To make a donation: please leave in the Swap Shop (Skiff 011), in the donation bin or on the table. See our accepted donation list below.
Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Swap Shop list of allowed donation items:
CLOTHES: Must be clean, without stains. No torn fabric, please. Try making simple repairs before donating.
SHOES: Wearable shoes and a complete pair
NO OPENED PERSONAL CARE PRODUCTS: If the item suggests contact with the body, cannot be washed, or is open, do not donate For example hairbrushes, combs, makeup, body lotion, etc.
- Glasses, bottles, vases, mugs, china - Must be intact.
- No items with missing lids
FURNITURE: No cloth furniture
BOOKS & VIDEOS, CDS, DVDs
SMALL APPLIANCES / ELECTRONICS: If in working condition
NO PLANTS: garden or house