Online Software Development Bachelor's Degree
Develop Your Technical Expertise, Design Your Future
If you have technical aptitude, are driven, and want a career in an in-demand and high-paying field, look no further than software development. Our online software development bachelor's degree is designed to build upon your existing technical skill set and take you further with a new specialized body of knowledge with truly endless applications. You'll learn how to fully utilize different software languages, gain practical experience- especially in the areas of cybersecurity and mobile devices- and acquire strong programming, systems analysis, interpersonal and business skills. We emphasize hands-on learning over testing and use cloud-based virtual laboratories for developing, testing and deploying multi-tiered applications for the web and mobile devices.
Ready to get started? Create and account and begin your application today. There is no fee to apply.
Applications software developer, systems software developer and information technology project manager are just a few of the types of positions held by software developers nationally, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS). Plus, with increased demand for computer software, the BLS predicts this field will continue to grow at a rate much faster than average through 2022.
Why Earn Your Bachelor's Degree in Software Development Online at Champlain College?
- Designed for busy working adults, our online software development degree programs allow you to apply what you learn in the classroom from day one.
- 100% online coursework allows you to participate at days and times convenient for you.
- 7-week courses help you reach completion sooner. (Note: Your individual time to degree completion will be dependent on a number of factors including: total credits transferred in, test-out credits earned, number of classes taken each semester, and whether you are continuously enrolled.)
- Nationally recognized by U.S. News and World Report and College Choice, and regionally accredited by NEASC.
- Generous transfer credit policy allows you to transfer up to 90 credits toward your bachelor's, with the potential to earn credit for professional experience and training.
- Personalized student experience with a dedicated academic advisor and an entire Champlain team to help you as you pursue your online degree in software development.
- Practitioner faculty who are experts in the field and understand industry needs.
- Skills you need, and skills employers want. Not only will you get the latest software development skills in this rapidly growing field, but you'll also develop the critical thinking, problem-solving and communication skills that will make you successful throughout your career.
Gain Expertise and a Certificate Prior to Graduation
At Champlain College Online, we know how important it is for you to gain knowledge and expertise quickly, and to differentiate yourself in the workplace and in today's competitive job market. That's why we have designed our online bachelor's in software development to allow you to earn a software development certificate in an area of specialization well before you have completed your requirements for a degree. Gain a certificate in: