Online Undergraduate Certificate in Cybersecurity Fundamentals for Business
Cybersecurity has never been more important for business, as companies' digital assets are becoming increasingly vast and valuable. Having a basic cybersecurity skillset, and a knowledge of the foundations of cybersecurity, is essential for today's business professionals. The online Cybersecurity Fundamentals for Business certificate is designed for business professionals without a cybersecurity background, who would like to develop their skillset in the field.
Through our Cybersecurity Fundamentals for Business certificate, you will learn to:
- Identify social, economic, and political impacts of cybersecurity in order to discover threats to personal and information security
- Compare business and personal cybersecurity concerns to identify overlapping risks
- Utilize basic information protections related to daily activities like Web browsing and reading email
- Compare different threats to information and system security and how they impact people and organizations
- Analyze risks that come from using information systems in order to identify and address problematic behaviors
- Apply foundational information technology competencies to cybersecurity-related issues
Cybersecurity Fundamentals for Business Certificate Program Curriculum*
Our undergraduate certificate in cybersecurity fundamentals for business is designed for working adults, and equips students with foundational cybersecurity skills and competencies that can be applied to their workplaces from day one. When you study cybersecurity fundamentals for business online, you will be taking foundational cybersecurity classes and professional courses that are focused and relevant to today's business professionals. And because all of our cybersecurity fundamentals for business certificate courses are included in our Business Management associate and bachelor's degree programs, your certificate can be earned as either a stand-alone credential or as a step along your path towards a degree.
|Course #||Course Title||Credits|
|CYBR 100||Landscape of Internet Security||3|
|CYBR 101||Risk in an Uncertain World||3|
|CYBR 102||Cyber Warfare and Cyber Crime||3|
|CMIT 140||Introduction to Operating Systems||3|
|CYBR 210||Foundations of Cybersecurity||3|
* Some courses in this certificate program may have prerequisites. Please click on the course name for a description and prerequisite information. If prerequisites are listed that are not currently part of the certificate program please call an admissions representative at 888-545-3459 for more information.
All of Champlain College's undergraduate certificate programs were designed with the adult learner in mind. All are offered in areas essential to today's job market, and are designed to be taught with the needs of busy working adults in mind: with immediate professional relevance, real-world application, and collaborative instruction from faculty that are experts in their fields. Our courses are offered in a convenient, 100% online format, accessible at any time, from anywhere, allowing you to fit your classwork into your schedule in a way that works for you. And because Champlain College is dedicated to offering a high-quality higher education experience, you'll be gaining both knowledge in your field of interest, and broadly-applicable skills essential to success in the modern workplace, such as critical thinking, problem solving, and communication. Earning a certificate from Champlain College Online means obtaining a respected credential from an accredited, nonprofit institution with a 140-year legacy of career-focused higher education, named the "Most Innovative School" in the North by U.S. News & World Report.
Create an account and start your online application today!