Want to become the best global citizen you can be? Champlain College's Exchange Programs allow Burlington undergraduate students to spend a semester immersed in another culture as they live and study at one of our exchange institutions.
This is also an excellent opportunity to diversify our Burlington campus as we welcome students from our exchange partners for a semester or full academic year!
Study-Abroad Partner Schools
In Scotland, Champlain students study at Abertay University. Abertay is a school of about 4,000 students and is well-known throughout Europe for their prominent Computer Games programs.
Abertay, situated in Dundee, is a small college town located on the east coast of Scotland, less than an hour's train ride from Edinburgh. With an urban area of 25 square miles and a population of 150,000, it's easy to get around Dundee and meet new people!
Auckland University of Technology (AUT)
New Zealand is one of the safest travel destinations in the world, and Auckland is ranked third on Mercer's global 2019 Quality of Life Survey. With a vibrant metropolitan area and breathtaking views, Auckland is a gateway to the ocean, beaches, and snow-capped mountains alike. You'll get to know Auckland by tasting your way through the many restaurants and vineyards and by exploring both the urban and scenic attractions. Take a weekend to see the rest of the country and find the locations where the Lord of the Rings movies were filmed.
What Can I Study?
Auckland University of Technology's course offerings have something for most majors, with a variety of professional, liberal arts, and interdisciplinary options that provide students with an understanding of New Zealand culture and develop their global perspective. If you are interested in studying abroad for a semester, you have an option to partake in a fully supervised internship, giving you a unique experience in the New Zealand workplace.
Amsterdam University of Applied Sciences (AUAS)
With 80 Bachelor and Master programs, and over 43,000 students from all over the world, Amsterdam University of Applied Sciences (AUAS) is one of the largest institutes for higher professional education in the Netherlands. AUAS's study programs in English offer cutting-edge professional international education to students from the Netherlands and abroad.
Amsterdam is the Netherlands' capital, known for its artistic heritage, elaborate canal system, and narrow houses with gabled facades—legacies of the city's 17th-century Golden Age. Its Museum District is home to the Van Gogh Museum, the Rijks museum with works by Rembrandt and Vermeer, and modern art at the Stedelijk. Cycling is key to the city's character, and there are numerous bike paths.
Al Akhawayn University
Inaugurated in 1995 by the late King Hassan II of Morocco and the late King Fahd of Saudi Arabia, Al Akhawayn University redefines the classic American liberal arts educational experience on an architecturally stunning, modern campus amidst the glory of Morocco's Middle Atlas Mountains. Some of the features of the school include:
- Uniquely international common core program for all undergraduate students, providing the basis for a well-rounded, global Moroccan education.
- Rich academic experience, with courses taught in English and an atmosphere that encourages choice and experimentation in all schools and programs of study.
- Comfortable, safe, and exciting residential student life on campus and in Ifrane, featuring hundreds of University student-run activities.
- More than 96% of undergraduates live on campus with roommates from around Morocco and around the world, creating a diverse community.
- The peaceful city of Ifrane, a center for outdoor exploration, features mountains, streams, lakes, and more—as well as many urban entertainment options and easy access to locations such as Rabat, Casablanca, Fez, and Meknes.