Production Equipment Rental House
We've moved! Come visit us at our new home at Durick Hall!
Open House at the Rental House
When: Monday, February 4th from 3:30-5:00pm
Where: Durick Hall, 174 S. Willard St.
Come see our new home and learn about how the Rental House can help you realize your creative visions!
The new Rental House is located at Durick Hall (next to Public Safety) at 174 S. Willard St. When you approach the front porch of the building, the main entrance is the door on the left. There is a rear door that we will us for loading/unloading large orders only.
An Important Note on Parking:
Since we will now be sharing space with Public Safety, there is only one loading space located on the north side of the building, parallel to the wall (see map below). This space can be reserved up to an hour for those picking up and returning large orders by calling the Rental House at 802-865-5748. Please make sure to call and reserve the space when making your equipment reservations to ensure availablity.
Please do not park in the Durick Hall lot unless you have made a reservation for the loading/unloading space. Parking withou a reservation may block other patrons and/or Public Safety vehicles (that require unencumbered access in case of an emergency). If you attempy to park without a space reservation we will not be able to process your order until your vehicle has been moved.
Some other options for parking nearby the new Rental House include:
- 1 marked space located in the lot at 158 S. Willard St. (enter on Main St.), near the dumpster. This space is first-come, first serve for 15 min. loading and unloading only (no reservations)
- If you require a car for a smaller order, metered parking is available at Skiff Hall, across the street. Please use extreme caution in crossing the street.
- In addition, carts are available for checkout for the transportation of gear.
About the Rental House:
The Rental House serves the Champlain educational community by renting media production equipment to students, faculty and staff free of charge. We strive to provide excellent customer service to all levels and types of media creators.
We focus on empowering CCM programs with professional equipment, integrated curricular support, and technical guidance. By working hard to circulate quality equipment as freely and fairly as possible, our goal is to create an environment that empowers Champlain's creative communities to grow and thrive.
Hours of Operation
Monday - Friday: 8:00AM-6:00PM
Pickups may be scheduled between: 10:00AM-5:30PM
Returns may be scheduled between: 8:00AM-5:30PM
Who May Rent Equipment?
Current Champlain College students, faculty, and staff may access the equipment at no charge. Equipment may only be used only for academic or college purposes. Most items are available only to specific programs, classes, or Patrons, and prerequisites may apply.
What Equipment is Available for Rental?
All of our equipment is visible through our online reservation tool, WebCheckout. To make reservations online, click the Make a Reservation button above, log in using your Champlain credentials, and then select the location, 'Rental House'. Use the tabs on the upper left to navigate through the reservation process. You will only be able to reserve items that you have access/permissions for. For more information on the access/permissions process, click on the Policy button above.
CCM Production Stage:
The Rental House also works in conjunction with the CCM Division to manage the Production Stage, which is available to reserve for class projects. For more information, click on the Production Stage Policy button above.
- "Golden Hour" Equipment Demos: For one hour, our staff will do an in-depth demonstration of some of our professional pieces of equipment such as: Steadicams, Dollies, SoundDevices Mixers, and Arri LED Fresnels. Please note that attendance of these demos does not change any permissions for equipment checkouts, but they are excellent opportunities to gain technical experience. Check back on this webpage to see the schedule for the latest demos!
Visits From Equipment Companies: Representatives from companies such as Sennheiser, RED, and Arri will be visiting Champlain. The Rental House will be hosting seminars and equipment demonstrations. Check back on this website and the Rental House calendar to see when these events will take place.
- Crew Call Board: In the hallway near the entrance to the Rental House, is the Crew Call Board. Students can use the supplied forms to post opportunities for other students to work as crew members. This is a great opportunity for other students to get on set as a crew member. Please let a tech or the Sr. Coordinator know if you have any questions.
Lens and Filter Safety Protocol: This document, gathered from professional procedures and practices, details the processes for handling and maintaining lenses and filters.
Reccommended Tripods and Accesories Per Camera: This document is a resource to be used in conjunction with WebCheckout to help patrons find the matching tripod and accesories to support the chosen camera.
- Canon Learning Center: This website features video tutorials and resources to help patrons learn about and get the most out of our Canon cameras.
The best way to reach us with questions or rental requests is to call or come in.