Parent Advisory Council
Dare to Make Your Mark.
Join the Parent Advisory Council.
About the Council
The Champlain College Parent Advisory Council is a group of current and former parents who are committed to investing in Champlain College and its future as we prepare our students for lifelong career success. Members of the Parent Advisory Council play a leadership role through participation, service, and financial support. Through your active engagement, you are making a direct impact on your student's experience at Champlain.
Parent leaders are an integral component of the vibrant experience we offer our students, and parent engagement is critical as our students seek internships and embark on meaningful careers after graduation.
“Through our involvement with the Parent Advisory Council, we have seen firsthand how dedicated Champlain College is to the success of their curriculum and our daughter’s future. We’ve been able to develop a deep bond with Champlain’s faculty and administration, and actively participate in the direction the College is taking. We feel there is no better place that our daughter could prepare for her career.”
-Bill and Michelle LaCroix P'17, Parent Advisory Council Members
Council Expectations, Benefits, and Committees:
To learn more about Council expectations, member benefits, and signature initiatives, please see our Parent Advisory Council brochure (PDF).
2020-2021 Parent Advisory Council:
- Eileen & Phil Adler P'20 (Natick, MA; Criminal Justice)
- Nick and Lisa Altomari DiGiovanni P'21 (Ipswich, MA; Secondary Education)
- Lori Asburry P'23 (Owens Cross Roads, AL; Filmmaking)
- Amy & Richard Blake P'20 (Peabody, MA; Game Production Management)
- Brad and Marge Cook P'23 (Wolfeboro, NH; Early Childhood Elementary Education)
- Steven & Robin Ellis P'20 (Wenham, MA; Game Design)
- Paul Friedberg and Madeline Krauss P'22 (West Newton, MA; Criminal Justice)
- Gary and Laura Gastman P'22 (Newburyport, MA; Broadcast Media Production)
- Anita & Christopher Glionna P'23 (Sudbury, MA; Creative Media)
- John & Anne Hincks P'20 (Sudbury, MA; Computer Networking & Cybersecurity)
- Kevin Mendik P'24 (Waban, MA; Game Production Management)
- Joan & Ken Minklei P'20 (Wellesley, MA; Elementary Education)
- Craig & Nerissa Morong P'22 (Chatham, MA; Communication)
- Michael Nesteroff & Kimm Viebrock P'19 (Seattle, WA; Creative Media)
- Andrew Nicholas and Kim Shore P'23 (Winchester, MA; Computer Science and Innovation)
- Lynn & John Orav P'16 (Bedford, MA; Broadcast & Streaming Media)
- Dawn & Keith Richardson P'21 (Far Hills, NJ; Game Art & Animation*)
- Sue Sanford P'22 (Redmond, WA; Game Programming)
- David Smith P'24 (Vineyard Haven, MA; Professional Writing)
- Arnim & Stephanie von Friedeburg P'23 (Bethesda, MD; Game Design)
- Tim Wilens & Jon Schonning P'21 (Winchester, MA; Computer Networking & Cybersecurity)
- Stephen & Rosemarie Wilson P'22 (Vienna, VA; Undecided, Communication & Creative Media)
Ready to Join?
Contact: email@example.com or 802.860.2788.
*In 2019, the Game Art & Animation major was renamed the Game Art major
**In 2019, the Graphic Design & Digital Media major was renamed the Visual Communication Design major.