The Counseling Center at Champlain College offers holistic and strength-based care to all degree-seeking students taking classes on campus. We strive to create a comfortable, nonjudgmental, and affirming space where you can explore your needs. Our clinicians come from diverse clinical and cultural backgrounds with expertise in responding to the wide range of mental health concerns faced by students, and we look forward to working with you during your time at Champlain.
Our services include individual and group counseling, psychiatric medication management and referrals, crisis services, and wellness programming. All degree-seeking students taking classes on campus are eligible for counseling services free of charge.
If you are interested in starting or continuing services please request an appointment.
Additional support services:
- Champlain College 24/7 On-Call Counselor: (802) 865-5745
- The 24/7 On-Call counselor is available exclusively for Champlain College students. Call at any time if you are feeling lonely, anxious, sad, just need to talk to someone, or if you are experiencing a mental health crisis and it is after business hours.
- Campus Public Safety: (802) 865-6465
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 988
- Crisis Text Line: Text "HOME" to 741741
- Howard Center First Call (Local Mental Health/Crisis Service): (802) 488-7777
- Trans Lifeline: (877) 565-8860
- Let's Talk
- "Let's Talk" offers students the ability to meet with a counselor for a 20-minute consultation to problem solve, de-stress, or learn about Counseling Center services. It is offered weekday evenings via Zoom. Sign up here!
Where to Find Us
The Champlain College Counseling Center is located in Skiff Hall Room 100.
If you are experiencing a mental health crisis and need to speak to someone immediately, please call the on-call counselor at (802) 865-5745 or Campus Public Safety at (802) 865-6465. Counselors are also available for same day appointments during regular business hours.
- The contents of this web page and the resources linked to it are intended for educational and informational purposes only.
- Nothing you read on the counseling webpages are meant to diagnose, substitute for, or otherwise replace actual face-to-face professional counseling.
- Champlain College, the Counseling Center, Student Life Department, and the Health Center and their respective staff, faculty, and students, are not responsible for any action taken by any person as a result of viewing or otherwise obtaining information from this web site.
- Linked resources available from this web site are independently composed by sources outside Champlain College, the Counseling Center, Student Life Department, and the Health Center. Neither Champlain College, the Counseling Center, Student Life Department, nor the Health Center can be held responsible for any content contained on those links. Any link to an outside resource does not indicate endorsement of that resource, and does not necessarily reflect the policies, opinions, or practices of Champlain College, the Counseling Center, Student Life Department and the Health Center.