At this time the counseling center has returned to offering in-person sessions. We recognize that offering telehealth appointments was beneficial to many and reduced barriers to accessing care, as such, once you've completed your in-person intake appointment and have been assigned a long-term counselor, you and your counselor can discuss whether switching to tele-health counseling is well-suited for your care. Reasons may include accessibility concerns, if you are ill and need to stay home, or if you cannot commute to your appointment. We hope to work collaboratively to find the best form of care for you.
If you are interested in starting or continuing services please contact our office at (802) 865-5731, firstname.lastname@example.org, or request an appointment.
If you are feeling lonely, anxious, isolated, or just need to talk to someone, please do not hesitate in using any of the resources below, including accessing the Champlain On-Call Counselor 24/7 at (802) 865-5745.
Additional support services:
- Champlain College 24/7 On-Call Counselor: (802) 865-5745
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 988
- Crisis Text Line: Text "HOME" to 741741
- Campus Public Safety: (802) 865-6465
- Howard Center First Call (Local Mental Health/Crisis Service): (802) 488-7777
- Trans Lifeline: (877) 565-8860
"Let's Talk" is an individual 20 minute consultation with a counselor to problem solve, de-stress or learn about Counseling Center services. It is offered Tuesdays and Thursdays 7:00–8:00 pm via Zoom.
Please check back at the start of the Fall 2023 semester for updated times!
Where to Find Us
The Champlain College Counseling Center is located in Skiff Hall.
Our services include individual and group counseling, psychiatric medication management and referrals, crisis services, and wellness programming. All traditional undergraduate Champlain students, who are currently enrolled, are eligible for counseling services free of charge.
If you are experiencing a mental health crisis and need to speak to someone immediately, please call the on-call counselor at (802) 865-5745 or Campus Public Safety at (802) 865-6465. Counselors are also available for same day and walk-in appointments during regular business hours.
- The contents of this web page and the resources linked to it are intended for educational and informational purposes only.
- Nothing you read on the counseling webpages are meant to diagnose, substitute for, or otherwise replace actual face-to-face professional counseling.
- Champlain College, the Counseling Center, Student Life Department, and the Health Center and their respective staff, faculty, and students, are not responsible for any action taken by any person as a result of viewing or otherwise obtaining information from this web site.
- Linked resources available from this web site are independently composed by sources outside Champlain College, the Counseling Center, Student Life Department, and the Health Center. Neither Champlain College, the Counseling Center, Student Life Department, nor the Health Center can be held responsible for any content contained on those links. Any link to an outside resource does not indicate endorsement of that resource, and does not necessarily reflect the policies, opinions, or practices of Champlain College, the Counseling Center, Student Life Department and the Health Center.