YOU can make a difference!
There are many ways that you can become connected to the local and global community, including:
- Register to vote in local/state/national elections (in Burlington or your hometown).
- Signing up with TurboVote provides candidate information and allows you to request absentee ballots. Don't forget to VOTE on election day (may be different days for local / state / national elections). Your voice is important!
- See these additional voting resources for students (source: Wesleyan University's Engage 2020)
- Take a service-learning designated course, while in Burlington or abroad; look for the SL in the course suffix
- Apply for an internship with a community partner
- Participate in campus and community events
- Go on a domestic or international service trip
- Join a related student organization
- Attend Burlington's Ward 6 Neighborhood Planning Assembly (NPA)
- Attend Burlington's City Council meetings
- Join UVM's Community Coalition of students, neighbors, and community organizations
- Learn about the Vermont state legislature and participate in events at the Vermont State House
Volunteering in the Burlington area
- Planning a Service Event - Resource Guide
- United Way of Northwestern Vermont's Volunteer Database
- Local organizations that host volunteers on a drop-in basis (but may require a volunteer application) include:
- Longer-term volunteer opportunities include:
Not located in the Burlington area? These national organizations may have local chapters in your neighborhood
Want to get involved, but not sure where to start?
See the calendar below for even more opportunities in service and sustainability!