Subscription Levels and Course Allocation
- All courses for which students enroll are included in their available course credit allocation, commensurate with their subscription level. Subsequent withdrawal from courses, once they have started, result in the course being calculated against the available course allocation.
- Students may only register for the number and types of courses per semester that their subscription allows.
- New enrollments during session 2 of any term may register at 50% of the total semester cost commensurate with the desired number and level of courses.
- New enrollees at the “Plus subscription level are allowed only at the beginning of each full semester since the credits carried may vary between session 1 and 2.
- Changes in Subscription level between “Basic,” “Plus,” “Prime,” and “Prime Plus” are permitted only prior to term start dates of January, May, and September.
Payment Arrangements and Responsibilities
- All enrollments (excluding employer agreed direct bill programs) are subject to preapproved monthly automated payment agreements requiring prepayment via ACH or credit card. A late fee of $25.00 will be assessed each payment not satisfied on the due date.
- Champlain College does not charge fees for ACH authorized withdrawal transactions from students' bank accounts (though banks may charge fees). Credit card transactions are subject only to a 2.75% convenience fee.
- Students whose payment agreements become past due by two installments have until the 15th of the next month to bring the account current or their subscription will be terminated and course attendance blocked. Students who incur termination will be assessed a $199.00 re-enrollment fee prior to readmission.
- Please note that regardless of students’ enrollment in classes, billing will continue; therefore it is vital that students cancel their truED plan if they discontinue classes.
- Because the truED plan requires an automated payment agreement, financial aid cannot be used in lieu of the monthly payment.
- However, students are eligible to apply for federal financial aid. Any financial aid disbursed to Champlain College in excess of the student’s balance will be refunded following confirmation that the student is attending their courses for the semester.
- Students who are receiving financial aid but who withdraw or are terminated from a course or the program, may be subject to recalculation of their financial aid, as required by federal regulations. For more information on the Federal Return of Title IV funds requirement, please refer to Champlain College’s online catalog at http://catalog.champlain.edu/content.php?catoid=14&navoid=349
- Initial enrollment can only be approved and finalized when the executed payment agreement is completed by the student at time of enrollment. Plans not finalized within 72 hours of notice of acceptance from their Admissions advisor will result in termination of the subscription.
- First time enrollees will be allowed a 72 hour cancellation period from the date of execution of the payment agreement to cancel the subscription program without fees.
- Students may cancel their subscription at any time. Cancellation will take effect 30 days from the date that written notice is provided by the student to their Academic Advisor. For example, if a student provides a written cancellation notice on February 5, the cancellation would be effective March 5. The student is responsible for the subscription payment for the full month of March and is eligible for course participation through March only.
- As mentioned above in “Payment Arrangements,” please be sure to specifically cancel your truED plan if you discontinue classes.
- Students who terminate their subscription and decide to re-enroll at a later time are subject to a $199.00 re-enrollment fee each time a subscription is paused or terminated and then restarted.
Questions regarding authorization may be directed to the Enrollment Service Center at (802) 860-2777.