Upon completion of the online Master of Science in Law program, you will have been given the skills to:
- Interpret statutes, regulations, and legal decisions affecting your work and translate legal language for those not trained in law.
- Make effective and well-rounded decisions about when to use, and how to work with, legal counsel within their professions.
- Select appropriate strategies for dispute resolution within and between organizations.
- Manage obligations under state and federal regulations and, in appropriate cases, represent your organization before administrative bodies.
- Evaluate business agreements and analyze provisions therein that help protect your organization's legal interests and achieve its business goals.
- Appraise the ethical implications in opportunities and choices, and make ethical decisions in the face of countervailing pressures.
- Protect the privacy of records in the care of an organization and comply with appropriate exceptions required by law.
- Manage business risks to avoid legal liability, and react productively in the case of an accident or claim.
- Perform ongoing critical self-reflection from academic and work-based experiences to assure professional development and responsibility.