Why be a global professional?
International internships offer an invaluable opportunity to build your professional skills and foster personal development, and also offer a unique way to immerse yourself further into and understand a different culture. Champlain Abroad is a leader in providing a diverse range of professional development opportunities for students to take advantage of during their semester abroad in Montreal or Dublin including internships, conferences, company visits and networking with industry-expert faculty. We are committed to providing experiences that help our students grow to be the global citizens and successful professionals employers are looking for.
International Internship Opportunities
Internship opportunities are available through our Global Partners in Italy, Argentina, New Zealand, Morocco or China, or a Third party Providers (for Montreal and Dublin click here). These opportunities are often facilitated through the program itself however, Champlain Abroad can advise you during the application process and ensure you are connected to the appropriate people to take advantage of these opportunities. To find out more- contact OIE to set up an appointment with a Study Abroad Advisor.
Summer Internship in Shanghai, China
Champlain's Robert P. Stiller School of Business has been the recipient of a prestigious grant from the Freeman Foundation, allowing Champlain students from any major within the Stiller School of Business to participate in a fully-funded summer internship in Shanghai, China. Non-Stiller School students actively pursuing a minor in Business OR non-Stiller majors who have completed 6 business credits by the start of their semester abroad are also eligible for the program. Some students selected for this program choose to study abroad in Shanghai for the spring semester prior to beginning the Freeman internship program.
Who is eligible for an internship in Montreal & Dublin?
Successful internship candidates will have 3.0 GPA or higher and must be approved by their Program Director and ultimately approved by OIE to pursue an internship for credit. You must enroll in the Study Abroad Internship course SAP 290 or SAP 390. Please note that internship placements are not guaranteed. Champlain will support you in your efforts to prepare, but ultimately, placement will be at the discretion of the company. All internships in Montreal & Dublin during the semester are unpaid.
How do I apply for an internship in Montreal or Dublin?
- Set up a mandatory meeting with the Career Collaborative to develop a professional resume and LinkedIn profile and practice your interviewing skills. Your career coach must approve both your resume and LinkedIn profile prior to the application deadline. Use this link to schedule a meeting with the career coach who supports your major: https://www.champlain.edu/
career-success/career- collaborative/meet-the-career- team
- Apply to your desired semester in Montreal or Dublin: champlain.terradotta.com
- Notify OIE (firstname.lastname@example.org) that you are interested in an internship prior to the application deadline.
- Select the Study Abroad Internship Course on the Course Selection Questionnaire. This course may fulfill an internship requirement for your major. Please contact OIE if you have questions about course selection: email@example.com.
- Once approved to study abroad, you will receive official notification from OIE that you are approved to apply for an internship. Dublin internships do not require a special working visa. For Montreal specific internships, you will receive instructions on how to begin yourSWAP Visa application*
*Students are expected to pay upfront for all fees associated with the SWAP Visa application. OIE will reimburse up to $350 once placement in an internship is confirmed. The SWAP Visa application process can take up to 10 weeks to complete. More information can be found at: http://www.swap.ca