Borrow From Other VT Colleges (VCAL)

Champlain faculty and staff can borrow books from almost all other academic libraries in Vermont using a special Vermont Consortium of Academic Libraries (VCAL) card obtainable from the Champlain Library.

Please note that when you borrow books from VCAL institutions under this agreement, you will be subject to the policies of the lending institution, including overdue fines and replacement fees.  Also, please be aware that books you borrow are for your personal use; they cannot be placed on course reserve at Champlain.  

For more information about participating VCAL institutions and their policies, see:

To obtain a VCAL card, contact Sarah Camille Wilson, Access Services Administrator, or simply stop by Miller Information Commons to fill out an application form and pick up a VCAL card.  

To borrow books from a VCAL college, please be sure to take your VCAL card as well as a valid photo ID when you go to their library. Tip: Check the online catalog of the library you plan to visit to see if the books you want are available!  

In addition to borrowing from VCAL colleges, faculty members are also able to borrow books from UVM.