Borrow From Other Libraries
Interlibrary Loan Request
Please fill out the form linked below as completely as possible so we can get you the correct item. You may request up to 5 items per day. Please allow 1 to 2 weeks for delivery time. You will be contacted once your item(s) arrives. All physical items must be picked up at the Champlain College library. They will not be mailed to you. This service is available to Champlain College employees and students.
Borrowing Books From UVM
Champlain faculty members and students may borrow books from the circulating collection of University of Vermont's Howe Library. This reciprocal borrowing agreement applies to all full-time undergraduate students, all permanent faculty and staff members, and all graduate students of Champlain College.
The agreement allows up to ten books to be borrowed at one time, with a circulation period of 28 days. The agreement covers volumes in the library's main collection and the Library Annex, but it does not include reference books, Special Collections, Dana Medical Library, or other specialized resources. Please note that if you borrow books from UVM under this agreement, you will be subject to UVM circulation policies, including overdue fines and replacement fees. Also, please be aware that books you borrow from UVM are for your personal use; they cannot be placed on course reserve at Champlain.
For Champlain affiliates
- New Users (who have never requested an item from the UVM library before) email firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can establish you in the UVM library system.
- Once you are an established user, visit Howe Library to browse and check out materials. Masks are required for all library visitors.
For UVM and St. Michael's affiliates
- Locate the item(s) in our Classic Catalog.
- Email your request to email@example.com.
- Include all of the information below in your email:
- Your name, email and address.
- Your phone number.
- The title and author for each item you are requesting.
- We will notify you when the item(s) are read for pickup. The library's hours are listed here. Masks are required for all library visitors.
If you would prefer contactless checkout, you can come to the library front doors and call the number on the sign. We offer contactless checkout any time we are open.
Borrowing Books From St. Michael's College
Champlain faculty members and students may borrow books from the circulating collection of St. Michael's Library. This reciprocal borrowing agreement applies to all full-time undergraduate students, all permanent faculty and staff members, and all graduate students of Champlain College. To borrow from St. Michael's College visit during the library's regular hours and bring your Champlain College ID.