Phone: (802) 860-2720
Federal Work Study
All available Work-Study positions are posted on the Champlain College online job board, JobSpot. Career Collaborative starts posting work-study jobs for the 2018-2019 academic year on August 15.
New Students — First Year and Transfer
JobSpot accounts will be created for all new students on August 15. Please check your Champlain College email for JobSpot information, including instructions on how to set your password, log-in and search for work-study jobs.
Attend the Work-Study & Part-Time Job Fair
Monday, August 27, 2018
Argosy Gym, IDX Student Life Center
- Many hiring supervisors will be present to meet and discuss opportunities with interested applicants.
- Search JobSpot by Symplicity in advance for posted positions.
- Students should dress to impress!
- Bring copies of your resume, if you have one.
- Career Coaches and Peer Coaches will be available to assist you!
Peer Coach Drop-In Hours
11:00 AM–4:00 PM
Garden House (small brick building behind Juniper Hall)
Do you need help using JobSpot, creating/editing your resume or writing a cover letter?
Come to Career Collaborative and let one of our Peer Coaches assist you.
Introductory Resume and Cover Letter Samples
|Resume Sample 1
Resume Sample 2
Resume Sample 3
Resume Sample 4
|Cover Letter Sample 1
Cover Letter Sample 2
Cover Letter Sample 3
Instructions on Finding & Applying for Work-Study Jobs
To begin your work-study job search:
- Go to JobSpot
- Log in with your username and password
- Select Links to Jobs and Internships on the left hand column for a drop-down list
- Select Jobs and Internships posted through Champlain College
- Select Advanced Search and scroll down to Position Type
- Specify Position Type Federal Work-Study Program from the list
- Press Search
This will provide a list of all currently available Federal Work-Study positions.
- Click on a Job Title to view the full job description.
- Review each position carefully: Description, qualifications, schedule, rate of pay, location.
- If qualified, follow the How-to-Apply instructions provided by the hiring supervisor.
Apply for all positions for which you are qualified, not just for one position.
- Follow up with hiring supervisor(s) a few days after applying to further express interest.
- Continue searching and applying until offered a position.
Positions are located BOTH on-campus (Champlain College) and off-campus (area non-profits).