Phone: (802) 860-2720
All available Federal Work-Study funded and college on-campus funded student positions are posted on the Champlain College career system, Handshake. Career Collaborative starts posting student positions for the 2021-2022 academic year on Wednesday, August 18. Additional positions will be posted throughout the academic year, although most positions will be filled by mid-October. Student positions will be posted for the Spring 2022 semester between mid-November 2021 to early February 2022.
New Students: First Year and Transfer
Handshake accounts will be created for all new students on August 18, 2021 for the fall semester and mid-January 2022 for the spring semester. Please check your Champlain College email for Handshake information, including instructions to access your account and how to search for work-study and college funded part-time positions.
Handshake accounts were created for you in your first year. Please use your Champlain College student email to access Handshake through the Single Sign-On option and search for work-study and college funded part-time positions.
Work-Study & Part Time Job Fair
Date: Wednesday, September 1, 2021
Time: 1:30-4:00 pm
Location: Argosy Gym, IDX Student Life Center
- Many hiring supervisors will be available to discuss opportunities.
- Search Handshake in advance for posted positions.
- Dress to impress!
- Have your resume prepared so you can immediately apply for positions of interest.
- Career Coaches and Peer Coaches will be available to assist you.
Drop-In Hours with Peer Coaches
Do you need help using Handshake, creating/editing your resume, writing a cover letter or applying to positions?
Come to Drop In Hours and work with one of our Career Peer Coaches.
- Monday - Friday (beginning August 30th)
- 11:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Garden House (small brick building, Finney Quad)
Introductory Resume and Cover Letter Samples
Handshake Instructions to Search & Apply for Work-Study Jobs
To begin your work-study job search:
- The first time you log into Handshake, your landing page will say, "Welcome to Handshake, [FirstName]...."
- Answer the 10 Profile/Career Interest questions as prompted by Handshake. After each question, click Next.
- Handshake will then ask if you would like to make your Profile public.
Once logged in to Handshake, begin your work-study job search:
- Select Jobs from the top toolbar.
- Select All filters and check Work study. (Non work-study, select On-campus)
- Select Show results in the lower right corner.
This will provide a list of all currently available work-study (or On-campus) positions.
Work-study funded positions are located both on-campus (Champlain College) and off-campus (area non-profits).
- Right click on a Job Title and open link in a new tab to view the full job description. Review each position carefully.
- If qualified, click on the Apply/Apply Externally button and follow the instructions.
Students are encouraged to apply for all positions for which they are qualified, not just for one position. Search and apply daily until offered a position. New positions are posted often.