All available work-study positions are posted on the Champlain College online job board, Handshake. Career Collaborative starts posting work-study jobs for the 2019-2020 academic year on August 14. Additional positions will be posted throughout the academic year, although most positions will be filled by mid-October.
New Students: First Year and Transfer
Handshake accounts will be created for all new students on August 14. Please check your Champlain College email for Handshake information, including instructions on accessing your account, completing your InSight milestone, and how to search for work-study and part-time jobs.
Attend the Work-Study & Part-Time Job Fair
Monday, August 26, 2019
Argosy Gym, IDX Student Life Center
- Many hiring supervisors will be present to meet and discuss opportunities with interested applicants.
- Search Handshake in advance for posted positions.
- Students should dress to impress!
- Bring copies of your resume, if you have one.
- Career Coaches and Peer Coaches will be available to assist you.
Peer Coach Drop-In Hours
Do you need help using Handshake, creating/editing your resume, or writing a cover letter? Come to Career Collaborative and let one of our Peer Coaches assist you!
Monday–Friday (starting Tuesday, August 27, 2019)
11:00 AM–4:00 PM
Garden House (small brick building behind Juniper Hall)
Introductory Resume and Cover Letter Samples
|Resume Sample 1
Resume Sample 2
Resume Sample 3
Resume Sample 4
|Cover Letter Sample 1
Cover Letter Sample 2
Cover Letter Sample 3
Instructions on Finding & Applying for Work-Study Jobs
To begin your work-study job search:
- The first time you log into Handshake, your landing page will say, "Welcome to Handshake, FirstName...."
- Answer the 8 Profile/Interests questions as prompted by Handshake. After each question, click Next.
- Handshake will then ask if you would like to make your Profile public.
Once logged in to Handshake, begin your work-study job search:
- Select Jobs from the top blue toolbar.
- On the Job Search tab on the lower toolbar: Select Filter and check Work study
- Select See Jobs in the lower right corner
This will provide a list of all currently available work-study positions.
Positions are located both on-campus (Champlain College) and off-campus (area nonprofits).
- Right click on a Job Title and open link in a new tab to view the full job description. Review each position carefully.
- If qualified, click on the Apply or Apply Externally button and follow the instructions provided by the hiring supervisor.
Students are encouraged to apply for all positions for which you are qualified, not just for one position.
- Search and apply daily until offered a position. New positions are posted often.
Additional Job Search Assistance
Check out our Major-Specific Career Resources, come to Peer Coach Drop-in Hours (see above for details) or contact Angela Hyldburg in the Career Collaborative at 802.651.5821, firstname.lastname@example.org.