Phone: (802) 860-2720
All available work-study positions are posted on the Champlain College online job board, Handshake. Career Collaborative starts posting work-study and other on-campus jobs for the 2021-2022 academic year on August 18. Additional positions will be posted throughout the academic year, although most positions will be filled by mid-October. Positions will be posted for the Spring 2022 semester between mid-November 2021 to early February 2022.
How to Use Handshake
New Students: First Year and Transfer
Handshake accounts will be created for all new students on or before August 18, 2021 for the fall semester and mid-January 2022 for the spring semester. Please check your Champlain College email for Handshake information, including instructions on accessing your account, completing your InSight milestone, and how to search for work-study and part-time jobs.
Handshake accounts were created for you last year. Please use your Champlain College student email to access Handshake and to search for work-study and part-time jobs.
Work-Study & Part Time Job Fair
Date: Wednesday, September 1, 2021
Location: TBD (we are planning for an in-person event with additional virtual opportunities)
- Many hiring supervisors will be available to discuss their opportunities.
- Search Handshake in advance for posted positions.
- Dress to impress!
- Have your resume prepared so you can immediately apply for positions of interest.
- Career Coaches and Peer Coaches will be available to assist you.
Drop-In Hours with Peer Coaches
Do you need help using Handshake, creating/editing your resume, writing a cover letter or applying to positions?
Come to In-Person or Virtual Drop In Hours and work with one of our Career Peer Coaches.
- Monday - Friday (beginning August 30th)
- 11:00 am - 4:00 pm
- In-Person: Garden House (small brick building, Finney Quad)
- Virtually: via InSpace - http://bit.ly/ChampCareerDropIn
Introductory Resume and Cover Letter Samples
Handshake Instructions to Search & Apply for Work-Study Jobs
To begin your work-study job search:
- The first time you log into Handshake, your landing page will say, "Welcome to Handshake, [FirstName]...."
- Answer the 10 Profile/Career Interest questions as prompted by Handshake. After each question, click Next.
- Handshake will then ask if you would like to make your Profile public.
Once logged in to Handshake, begin your work-study job search:
- Select Jobs from the top blue toolbar.
- On the Job Search tab on the lower toolbar, select All filters and check Work study.
- Select Show results in the lower right corner.
This will provide a list of all currently available work-study positions.
Positions are located both on-campus (Champlain College) and off-campus (area non-profits).
- Right click on a Job Title and open link in a new tab to view the full job description. Review each position carefully.
- If qualified, click on the Apply Externally button and follow the instructions.
- This will redirect you to Oracle ORC, Champlain College's new hiring system. Further instructions will be available soon.
Students are encouraged to apply for all positions for which they are qualified, not just for one position. Search and apply daily until offered a position. New positions are posted often.