All available work-study positions are posted on the Champlain College online job board, Handshake. Career Collaborative starts posting work-study jobs for the 2020-2021 academic year on August 19. Additional positions will be posted throughout the academic year, although most positions will be filled by mid-October. Positions will be posted for the Spring semester between mid-December 2020 and early February 2021.
How to Use Handshake
New Students: First Year and Transfer
Handshake accounts will be created for all new students on or before August 19, 2020 for the fall semester and mid-January 2021 for the spring semester. Please check your Champlain College email for Handshake information, including instructions on accessing your account, completing your InSight milestone, and how to search for work-study and part-time jobs.
Handshake accounts were created for you last year. Please use your Champlain College student email to access Handshake and to search for work-study and part-time jobs.
Job Search Tips
Participate in the Virtual Work-Study & Part-Time Job Fair
Location: Virtual (details to come)
- Many hiring supervisors will be available to discuss their opportunities with interested applicants.
- Search Handshake in advance for posted positions.
- If you attend the job fair, dress to impress!
- Have your resume prepared so you can immediately apply for positions of interest.
- Career Coaches and Peer Coaches will be available to assist you.
Virtual Drop-In Hours with Career Peer Coaches
Do you need help using Handshake, creating/editing your resume, or writing a cover letter? Come to Virtual Drop In Hours and work with one of our Career Peer Coaches.
- Monday - Friday
- 11:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Held virtually via InSpace - http://bit.ly/ChampCareerDropIn
Introductory Resume and Cover Letter Samples
Instructions on Finding & Applying for Work-Study Jobs
To begin your work-study job search:
- The first time you log into Handshake, your landing page will say, "Welcome to Handshake, [FirstName]...."
- Answer the 8 Profile/Interests questions as prompted by Handshake. After each question, click Next.
- Handshake will then ask if you would like to make your Profile public.
Once logged in to Handshake, begin your work-study job search:
- Select Jobs from the top blue toolbar.
- On the Job Search tab on the lower toolbar, select All filters and check Work study.
- Select Show results in the lower right corner.
This will provide a list of all currently available work-study positions.
Positions are located both on-campus (Champlain College) and off-campus (area non-profits).
- Right click on a Job Title and open link in a new tab to view the full job description. Review each position carefully.
- If qualified, click on the Apply or Apply Externally button and follow the instructions provided by the hiring supervisor.
Students are encouraged to apply for all positions for which they are qualified, not just for one position. Search and apply daily until offered a position. New positions are posted often.