Phone: (802) 860-2720
All available Federal Work-Study funded and college on-campus funded student positions are posted on the Champlain College career system, Handshake. Career Collaborative starts posting student positions for the 2022-2023 academic year on Wednesday, August 17. Additional positions will be posted throughout the academic year, although most positions will be filled by mid-October. Student positions will be posted for the Spring 2023 semester between mid-November 2022 to early February 2023.
New Students: First Year and Transfer
Handshake accounts will be created for all new students on August 17, 2022 for the fall semester and mid-January 2023 for the spring semester. Please check your Champlain College email for Handshake information, including instructions to access your account and how to search for work-study and college funded part-time positions.
Handshake accounts were created for you in your first year. Please use your Champlain College student email to access Handshake through the Single Sign-On option and search for work-study and college funded part-time positions.
Work-Study & Part-Time Job Fair
Date: Wednesday, August 31, 2022
Time: 1:30-4:30 pm
Location: Argosy Gym, IDX Student Life Center
- Many hiring supervisors will be available to discuss opportunities.
- Search Handshake in advance for posted positions.
- Dress to impress!
- Have your resume prepared so you can immediately apply for positions of interest.
- Career Coaches and Peer Coaches will be available to assist you.
Drop-In Hours with Peer Coaches
Do you need help using Handshake, creating/editing your resume, writing a cover letter or applying to positions?
Come to Drop In Hours and work with one of our Career Peer Coaches.
- Monday - Friday (beginning August 29th)
- 11:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Garden House (small brick building, Finney Quad)
Introductory Resume and Cover Letter Samples
Handshake Instructions to Search & Apply for Work-Study Jobs
To begin your work-study job search:
- The first time you log into Handshake, your landing page will say, "Welcome to Handshake, [FirstName]...."
- Answer the 10 Profile/Career Interest questions as prompted by Handshake. After each question, click Next.
- Handshake will then ask if you would like to make your Profile public.
Once logged in to Handshake, begin your work-study job search:
- Select Jobs from the top toolbar.
- Select All filters and check Work study. (Non work-study, select On-campus)
- Select Show results in the lower right corner.
This will provide a list of all currently available work-study (or On-campus) positions.
Work-study funded positions are located both on-campus (Champlain College) and off-campus (area non-profits).
- Right click on a Job Title and open link in a new tab to view the full job description. Review each position carefully.
- If qualified, click on the Apply/Apply Externally button and follow the instructions.
Students should apply for all positions for which they are qualified, not just for one position.
- Search and apply daily until offered a position
- New positions are posted often
Additional Job Search Assistance
Check out our Major-Specific Career Resources or come to Career Peer Coach Drop-in Hours (see above for details).