Sarah Ramsey Startup Flight Fund
The Sarah Ramsey Startup Flight Fund is an investment fund that supports entrepreneurial ventures for Champlain College students in the Center for Innovation & Entrepreneurship. It is intended to empower students with opportunities that move their ideas into action and to ensure that student innovations do not go unfunded due to capital constraints.
The fund provides students with up to $2,000 in funding per year to support a wide range of work—such as testing ideas in-market, prototyping products, or building out websites. Students may apply for funding on a rolling basis, based on the criteria below, using an online application form. Decisions on funding applications will be made within two weeks of receiving this application.
- Request clearly outlines why funding is needed and how it will be used
- Request demonstrates commitment to business idea
- Alternative means of funding business idea have been investigated to supplement this funding
- Amount requested will have a tangible impact on the student's business
- Request is thoughtful and well-written
Functioning as an independent fiscal entity, any funding that is not used during an academic year will remain in the fund to be used in future years. The fund is managed by a committee, including:
- Academic Leadership from at least one Division on campus
- Representative of Advancement Office
- Director of the Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- At least one other faculty member
- At least two students (Sarah Ramsey Fellows)
For more information, or if you have any questions regarding The Sarah Ramsey Startup Flight Fund or the application process, please contact the Center for Innovation & Entrepreneurship at CIE@champlain.edu.