On-Campus Resources and Tips For Commuter Students
Champlain College is committed to assisting all students—commuting and residential—in making the most of their college experience. We are particularly encouraging of commuting students to become active participants in campus life so that they are involved and connected to the campus and community.
Commuter Student Lounge:
The Commuter Lounge, on the ground level of the Center for Communication & Creative Media, is brightly furnished with comfortable sink-in chairs and funky furniture and is the perfect place to relax with friends. Along with the IDX Student Life Center and EATS (located on the third floor), the Commuter Lounge is a meeting place for commuting and residential students. There is access to lockers and the campus bookstore is located adjacent to grab coffee, groceries and access a microwave. The Transportation Office is also located nearby for any parking or transportation-related questions.
Commuter Programs and Resources:
- Commuter Student Advisory Board:
To learn more or get involved, contact: Hilary Watson, Case Manager in Student Life, or (802) 860-2723
Get Involved on Facebook!
- Day Use and Semester Use Lockers
The CCM lockers are available on a first come, first use basis. The IDX lockers can be reserved by contacting Hilary Watson in Student Life at 802.860.2723.
- Find a Place to Study
Some popular study spaces on campus include The Commuter Lounge, library group study rooms, SmartSpace, Ireland computer lab, and the Lakeside Cantina.
- Transportation & Parking Office:
Love riding your bike, finding alternate ways of commuting, free stuff, or sweet, transportation-related info? Stop by our Sustainable Transportation Coordinator, Nic Anderson's, office near the Commuter Lounge! Outside his door, you will find a bunch of advertisements for all sorts of fun things to do related to our Sustain Champlain Efforts.
Commuter Tips & Tricks
- If you get above a 3.5 GPA your First year, you may be eligible for reimbursement for a passport.
- Student Discounts for Applications (Word, Adobe) are available through the Campus Store.
- You can peruse, donate, or get some free stuff at the Swap Shop in Skiff Hall basement.
- You can park on campus after 4:00 PM for free. Permit needed.
- Did we mention you get a free parking pass!?!
- You can get a discount at many local stores (pizza shops, hair salons, etc.) if you show your student ID.
- Commuters get to use printers for free using Papercut.
- The Campus Store has a best price match guarantee.
- You can rent books rather than buy them.
- Access to free New York Times newspaper on campus in the IDX and Ireland buildings.
- The library gives you access to other databases, video streaming and Mango Languages for free.
- You can search Handshake through the Career Collaborative to see postings for work-study jobs, internships, part-time and full-time jobs on campus and off. Sometimes companies post here before posting to other public sites!
- Every student has access to a 24-hour online tutoring program: