international flags hang from the ceiling of the dining hall

International Students

Need Assistance?  GET HELP NOW

International Students


Welcome to the Office of International Student Services!

Located in Skiff Hall, the Office of International Student Services (OISS) is the international student and scholar “home away from home” and provides direct specialized services to all international students, exchange visitors, and exchange scholars through immigration/academic advising, cultural adjustment education, outreach, and programming. OISS has a gathering space (Room 204), library (Room 205), and houses the Director's office (Room 205B).

OISS also supports the College’s overall international education strategy/goals, coordinates institutional immigration compliance, and plays a central role in the College’s international student and scholar recruitment strategy and the international student admissions/enrollment process.

Lastly, OISS supports visiting international faculty and other international visitors to campus.

Who is an international student?

F-1: degree seeking students here until they obtain their degree in the U.S. and might stay 1-3 years after for authorized employment.

J-1: exchange students here for one semester or one year/scholars are professors or short-term scholars and can range from many years to a few days/months.

AY 20-21 ISSS Countries Represented

What Do We Do?

  1. Institutional Immigration Compliance
  2. International Student Admissions Strategy/Recruitment/Admissions/Enrollment
  3. International Student Services (geared toward specific regulatory timelines and processes)
  4. International Student Alumni Relations
  5. In-Bound Non-Degree Exchange Programs (faculty, staff, and student)
  6. Institutional International Programming (International Student Orientation -both Virtual and In-Person, International Education Week, Nations United, World Cup Soccer Tournament, Get in Culture Series, and Farewell Bash/Graduation Ceremony)

When should an international student/exchange visitor be advised to contact OISS?


1. The student officially drops below 12 credits (full time) with the Registrar's Office.

2. The student officially withdrawals/takes leave (either academic, personal, or medical) from Champlain College.

3. The student participates in required or recommended off-campus internships, field work, practica, and alternative work/study agreements.

4. The student seeks employment on or off campus.

5. The student travels outside the U.S. for any reason.

6. The student changes majors or adds minors.


7. The student has issues with health insurance.

8. The student has any issues with cultural adjustment, housing or roommates, or anything like that.

Contact OISS

Jessa Karki, Director, Office of International Student Services, International Admissions Counselor, Adjunct Faculty Member
Office: +1.802.865.6485
Cell: +1.802.318.0365 (WhatsApp)

Our Team

Looking for a Student Affairs, Diversity & Inclusion team member? All of our contact information is listed here.

Compass Student Services Compass Student Services

Compass Student Services

Compass Student Services is your one-stop-shop for the business of being a student. If you need help with your bill, ID card, financial aid, or registering for classes, Compass can help!

Latest News from The View