All students attending Champlain College must submit immunization records to satisfy vaccine requirements set by the State of Vermont, unless they have a College-approved exemption (see below for details on exemption). Records are submitted to the Patient Portal (champlainportal.pointnclick.com).
- Tetanus (Tdap or Td), within the last 10 years
- MMR (Measles, Mumps, Rubella), 2 doses or positive titers
- Meningococcal ACWY, required for all students living on campus, must be received at or after 16th birthday
- Varicella (chickenpox) 2 doses, positive titer, or documentation of history of disease (using Vermont Department of Health documentation form, found in Patient Portal "Downloadable Forms" or linked here)
- Hepatitis B, 3 doses or positive titer
- Note: COVID-19 vaccination is strongly recommended but not required
Instructions for ALL students to complete immunization requirements
- Go to champlainportal.pointnclick.com and click "Sign into Champlain using Champlain"
- Enter your Champlain MyMail username and password
- Enter your date of birth and click "Proceed"
- You will see several menu options on the left side of the screen. Begin by clicking "Profile" and confirming that all of the information is accurate
- Next, select "Medical Clearances." This section includes several consent forms, your health history, and immunizations
- After you complete the consent forms and health history, select "Immunization Records." You are required to upload a record of your immunization history. If you do not have your complete immunization records, you may download and print the form and have it completed by your provider, then upload it.
- After uploading a complete immunization record, please enter the dates you received each required vaccine by clicking the vaccine name. Student Health will review your information and contact you if more information is needed for clearance
- Note: Submissions will remain listed as "not-satisfied" in the Patient Portal until Health Center staff have reviewed and verified your records. Health Center staff will contact you directly if the records you provided are not compliant with our requirements.
- Go to champlainportal.pointnclick.com and click "Sign into Champlain using Champlain."
- Enter your Champlain MyMail username and password.
- Enter your date of birth and click "Proceed."
- Go to the "Downloadable Forms" section, found on the left hand side of the page.
- For general vaccine exemption: download the "Immunization Exemption Request Form", and complete the form based on the immunizations you wish to be exempt from, and the type of exemption you wish to pursue.
- Note that Medical Exemptions for any immunization require signature from your healthcare provider.
- Upload your complete Exemption Form under the section it was downloaded from.
- Send a Patient Portal "Secure Message," or email firstname.lastname@example.org to inform Student Health staff of your Exemption Form submission.
- Note: Submissions will remain listed as "not-satisfied" in the Patient Portal until Health Center staff have reviewed and verified your documents. Health Center staff will contact you directly if the documentation provided is not compliant with our requirements.
Please contact the Student Health Center at (802) 860‐2711 or email@example.com.