To-do list for new students starting in Spring term 2018

Champlain student with long blond braid and a big scarf and earbuds working on her laptop; the two story atrium in the Center for Communication & Creative Media at Champlain College in Burlington, Vermont. Sunset view of Lake Champlain through a fish-eye lens from the third floor of the Miller Information Commons

Welcome to your new life! We'll help you get started.

On this page,  you will find all of the tasks and required forms that you need to complete in order to attend classes this coming January for the spring 2018 term at Champlain.

Please be sure to review all of the steps, as there are a few here that pertain to billing that are not listed in your Admitted Student Welcome packet on the "Taking Care of Essentials" page.

Please do not hesitate to call Admissions Counselor Julia Caminiti at or (802) 651-5994 if you have any questions or concerns.

Enroll by submitting your deposit(s)

Submit a secure online payment for your tuition deposit as well as your housing deposit (if applicable).


If you prefer to send your deposit(s) in by regular mail, please fill out and return the tuition and residence hall deposit form you received in your Admitted Student package in the enclosed return envelope.

Activate your Champlain account

Once you have submitted your enrollment deposit (and, if you plan to live on campus, your residence hall deposit), please activate your Champlain account immediately (instructions are provided on the activation page; follow instructions for "New Users").

If you have difficulty activating your Champlain account, contact the Computer Helpdesk at (802) 860-2710 or

Access your Champlain MyMail email account

To access your email and other important resources, visit our Current Student portal and sign in. You may also head straight to

Your email address is Your password is the same one you created when you activated your Champlain account.We encourage you to spend time exploring both the Current Student portal and WebAdvisor.

Faculty and staff communicate with students through the Champlain MyMail system about assignments, class notices and cancellations, registration information and more. Plan to check your Champlain MyMail account regularly!

Complete your "Incoming Student Housing Selection Preference Form"  (if applicable)


All first-year students are housed in one of our stunning, completely restored Victorian-era mansion residence halls. Everywhere you want to be is close at hand, including beautiful downtown Burlington, and each is fully loaded with all the amenities, including ultra-fast wireless internet access and laundry facilities. Go to our Housing Request page to find out how to fill out the "Incoming Student Housing Selection Preference Form" on The Housing Director website .  Housing assignments will be available through The Housing Director website beginning on January 8, 2018.


Please go to the Housing Request page and fill out the "Incoming Student Housing Selection Preference Form"  on The Housing Director website within two weeks of receipt. Housing assignments will be available through The Housing Director website beginning on January 8, 2018. Unfortunately, due to our full enrollment, we cannot guarantee housing for transfer students, but we will make every effort to place you in one of our residence halls. 

Send your academic (high school and/or college) transcripts and any AP score reports

If you have not already done so, please ask your high school guidance office to send a copy of your final high school transcript to Champlain College.

If you have taken any Advanced Placement (AP) exams, have an official score report sent by the administering institution.

If you have taken courses at another college, please have that institution send an official transcript. Any courses complete on a college campus must have an official transcript for credit to be granted.


Champlain College
Office of Admissions
P.O. Box 670
Burlington, VT 05401 

Complete your Counseling & Accommodations registration form (if applicable)

Our confidential mental health counseling services are available to assist you in managing a variety of mental health challenges, personal issues and academic concerns. Counseling & Accommodation Services Center staff can also assist you by coordinating accommodations if you have learning, physical or psychiatric challenges or conditions.

If you are in need of accommodations, please submit the Accommodations Services Registration Form by December 15, 2017

Upon receipt of this form, a counselor will be in touch with you to discuss how we can best assist you. For housing accommodations, please submit the Housing Accommodations Request Form, by December 15, 2017.

Complete your emergency contact form

Fill out your Emergency Contact form via WebAdvisor.


  • Go to and log in
  • Under heading "Communications," select the first link, "Emergency Contact—Students"

Fill out and submit your FERPA Form

The Family Educational Rights & Privacy Act (FERPA) is a Federal law that affords parents the right to have access to their children's education records. When you turned 18, the rights transferred to you. If you want to give access to your parents or other designated parties, you must complete the FERPA form and submit it. If you don't, no one on staff will be able to discuss your record (including your bill) with your parents/guardians. 


  • Go to and read more about what FERPA is
  • Click the "Fill Out PDF Version of FERPA Form" at the top of the page
  • Fax or mail it in to the Registrar's Office (address and fax number on the form)

Send a photo for your Champlain ID

Your Champlain ID is an everyday item for you—it serves as your student ID, meal plan card, residence hall key and even a debit card at certain on- and off-campus locations—so we want you to have a picture you love.


  • Find or take a color picture of yourself that you are pleased with (no hats, no sunglasses!). It must be identifiably "you," or it will be rejected
  • Make sure that you've got the digital image (a scan of an actual photo will work) in a .jpg format
  • Create an email with the subject line: firstname.lastname (Example: Sally.Smith)
  • Email it to: 

Submit your student health form

The health services staff is dedicated to providing confidential, humane care and competent treatment, along with responsible referrals when indicated. Vermont state law requires that all students provide up-to-date immunization information.

All students: Please download a copy of our Health Form

Champlain College Student Health & Wellness Center
P.O. Box 670
Burlington, VT 05402

Complete annual student health insurance waiver (if applicable)

Students must be covered by a health insurance policy. All students are automatically enrolled and billed for the College health insurance plan. If you already have full medical coverage and would like to waive the Champlain College plan, complete the steps below:


  • Have your existing insurance card on hand
  • Go to and log in
  • Under the "Student Accounts" heading, choose "FT Decline Health Ins" which brings you to the Consolidated Health Plans for Champlain College
  • On this page, click on the blue "Waiver" tab to DECLINE the Champlain College Health Insurance
  • Read the Disclosure Acknowledgment to ensure you understand the insurance coverage. Next, choose "Continue" at the bottom and go to the waiver form
  • Enter all the health insurance information from your existing policy
  • Complete the electronic signature and click "submit"
  • Confirm you completed the process. If you did not receive a confirmation email, the waiver did not go through and you must repeat the process. Print out and save the confirmation email


  • A cost of $909 per semester will remain on your account to cover the full academic year
  • Email Compass Student Services ( ) to confirm you want this health insurance coverage and will not be waiving the Champlain College Health Insurance
  • Health insurance cards are mailed in January to your preferred mailing address

Add "Authorized Users" to view and pay bills on your behalf

You may designate Authorized Users (parents/guardians) to help manage the bill paying process. Unless parents/guardians are specifically authorized, only the you will have access to view and/or pay the bill. 


  • Login to WebAdvisor.
  • Click on "Student" and then under the "Student Accounts" heading, click "Student Statement & Payment."
  • In the grey menu bar, click on the tab for "Authorized Users."
  • Follow the directions on the screen.

Consider if tuition payment plan is right for you

We offer a plan that enables you to pay your spring term Champlain bill over the course of 5 monthly payments (beginning October 15, 2017 through February 15, 2018 ).

The program is administered through a third-party called Tuition Management Systems (TMS) that is widely used in higher education.  To learn more about this option, visit To enroll in the payment plan, visit TMS charges a $45 enrollment fee for the spring semester plan..

View spring billing statement online

Tuition and related fees for full-time students are billed to the student account each semester. You will receive an email notification when your bill is ready to be viewed. Only the student will have access to view and/or pay the bill unless a parent/guardian is specially authorized by the student.


Complete all federal loan requirements (if applicable)

If you have been awarded a Direct Subsidized and/or Direct Unsubsidized Loan, and you wish to take advantage of them, there is a two-step process you must complete before the award(s) can be disbursed to your account. Ideally, you complete these tasks prior to December 15, 2017.

  1. Read and sign the Master Promissory Note
  2. Complete Entrance Counseling


  • Visit
  • Sign in using your FSA ID
  • Click "Complete Master Promissory Note"
  • Select "Subsidized/Unsubsidized"
  • Complete the required information, sign and submit
  • Click "Complete Counseling"
  • Select "Entrance Counseling"
  • Click "Start," then complete the required information and submit

Get Direct Parent Plus Loan approved by December 1 (if applicable)

The Direct Parent PLUS Loan eligibility on your Financial Aid Award Letter indicates the maximum loan amount your parent is eligible to apply for if they wish to borrow through this federal loan program.

In order for this loan to be recognized as payment for your bill, these steps must be completed and your loan must be approved before the billing due date (If you were admitted prior to December 1, 2017, the billing date is December 1). The completed information will be electronically transmitted and received by the College within two to four business days.

Please note: the Direct Parent PLUS Loan is credit-based, and your parent must be approved on his/her own or with a co-signer annually. If your parent plans to borrow the Direct PLUS Loan to cover all or a portion of your bill, the parent borrower must apply for the loan by completing the following steps:

  • Visit
  • Sign in using parent's FSA ID
  • Click "Request a Direct PLUS Loan"
  • Select Loan Type "Parent PLUS"
  • Complete required information and submit
  • The parent borrower will receive immediate notification if the loan was approved
  • Click "Complete Master Promissory Note"
  • Select "Parent PLUS"
  • Complete the required information, sign electronically and submit

Provide bank information for electronic refunds (if applicable)

In some cases, students receive financial aid in excess of their charges, creating an overpayment. Once enrollment has been confirmed and financial aid is disbursed, any overpayments will be available to the student.

TIP: Signing up for direct deposit is the fastest way to have access to these funds, and the student is notified by email when the refund is processed. Electronic refunds (EFT) supports our sustainability initiatives.To sign up for direct deposit for overpayments on your student account:

  • Sign in to
  • Select "e-Checks," then "Bank Information" (U.S. or Canadian)
  • Fill in bank routing and account number
  • Check "I agree" then "submit"

Attention: international students & international authorized users 

Champlain College has partnered with FlyWire to streamline the international student's payment of tuition and fees.

FlyWire allows international students to pay securely from any country and any bank, typically in their home currencies. FlyWire may only be used to pay a Champlain College International student's billed tuition and fees and cannot accept payment for off-campus or personal expenses.


  • Students may access their bill through WebAdvisor.
  • Login.
  • Click on "Student" and under "Student Accounts" heading, click "Student Statement & Payment" to enter into TouchNET, our billing system.
  • Determine amount to pay for tuition and fees. Click on link to FlyWire in the Announcement section within TouchNet.
  • Make your payment through FlyWire in your country's currency and track your payment with email and/or text options from FlyWire as your payment arrives at Champlain College and is credited to your student's account.

If you have additional questions about FlyWire, please review our International Student Service web page, "Making International Student Payments For Tuition and Fees".


  • If you are already set-up as an Authorized User, please login to TouchNet, our billing system.
  • If you have not been set-up, your student must set you up as an Authorized User (see directions above)
  • Once they do this, you will receive an email from the TouchNet system notifying you that you have been set up as an Authorized User
  • Email notifications will be sent to the Student and Authorized Users when statements are available
  • Determine amount to pay for tuition and fees.
  • Access FlyWire through the Announcement section within TouchNet.
  • Make your payment through FlyWire in your country's currency and track your payment with email and/or text options from FlyWire as your payment arrives at Champlain College and is credited to your student's account.

If you have additional questions about FlyWire, please review our International Student Service web page, "Making International Student Payments For Tuition and Fees."

Open Cash Card account

Your ID card serves as your student and employee ID, meal plan card and residence hall key. You have the option of using the card as a debit card at certain campus sites, including the campus store, mail room and campus laundry facilities. The card may be used with multiple vendors in the greater Burlington area, wherever merchants display our CC Cash Card logo.

To learn more about all the wonderful things you can do with your CC Cash Card and how it works, check out the CC Cash Card page.


 Go to:

  1. Click on the link, "Not Registered? Click Here to to Sign Up" .
  2. Enter your Champlain Student ID Number as your User Name, including the 82.
  3. Enter your PIN number as your Champlain Student ID number, WITHOUT the 82.
  4. Enter a valid email and password.
  5. A confirmation email will be sent to you with instructions on completing the activation of your web card account.

If you have questions, please contact the Compass Student Services at (802) 860-2777 or . The office is open Monday-Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m at Perry Hall, Rm 174.

Order parking permit (free!)

The Champlain campus and the city of Burlington are walkable, bikeable and fully accessible by public transportation and the College's shuttle. If you do bring a car to campus, you must register it each semester, regardless of where you park.

Parking is available at our Lakeside campus for permit holders, and a free shuttle operates seven days a week from Lakeside to main campus. Students may not park in the metered lots or along any city streets from 8:00 AM-4:00 PM, Monday-Friday.



View Spring 2018 course schedule

Want a look at the whole picture? No problem.
Just before classes start for the Spring 2018 term on January, 15, 2018, the Registrar's Office will have your classes sorted out, and you will be able to view your schedule online.


  • Go to
  • Under the heading "Academic Profile," click "My Class Schedule"
  • Select "2018 Spring Semester" from the drop down menu
  • Click "submit"