A private college established in 1878, Champlain College is a national leader in preparing passionate students for rewarding careers and notable lives.
BY THE NUMBERS:
- Total Areas of Study: Over 80 subject areas, including undergraduate majors, minors, specializations, graduate degrees and certificate programs.
- Student/Faculty Ratio: 12:1
- Enrollment: 2,000 students from 45 states and 23 countries.
- Male-to-female ratio: 62% male, 38% female.
- Average class size: 17 (maximum 30).
- Number of Clubs, Activities and Organizations: 50+
- Placement Rate: Over 90% of all Champlain alumni are working in their chosen field within one year of graduation.
- Prime Location: 214 miles to Boston. 104 miles to Montreal. 300 miles to New York City.
- Academic Philosophy: True learning occurs when information and experience combine to create knowledge. An emphasis on career preparation and continuous self-improvement creates a direct path to professional success and a rewarding life.
- Undergraduate Studies: Individually tailored career-focused programs blend transformative classroom teaching rooted in an understanding of tomorrow's workplace with active experiences, multidisciplinary studies and life skills training.
- Undergraduate Degrees: Associate of Science, Bachelor of Fine Arts, Bachelor of Business Administration, Bachelor of Science and Bachelor of Social Work.
- Online Degrees & Continuing Education: This faster, more affordable approach to advanced education offers focused, self-directed learning on any schedule and credit for prior work or college experience.
- Graduate Studies: Flexible on-line learning programs deliver the latest management skills and concepts in key disciplines while using work experiences to drive understanding of theory.
- Graduate Degrees: Master of Business Administration, Master of Education, Master of Fine Art and Master of Science.
- Upside-Down Curriculum: Unique educational architecture enables first-year students to immediately take significant courses in their major.
- Rankings: Featured in the "Fiske Guide to Colleges" for 2016 as one of the "best and most interesting schools" in the United States, Canada and Great Britain. Included in The Princeton Review's "Best 379 Colleges" and "Guide to 353 Green Colleges" for 2015.; Top Pick: U.S. News & World Report's 2014 Best Regional Colleges in the North. Champlain was also featured as the model of an "ideal college" in an article in The Atlantic magazine in 2013.
- Internships: Available in all majors.
- Main Campus: Modern environmentally-sensitive campus located in scenic Burlington, Vermont, named the country's Healthiest City, Best Adventure Town, #1 Happiest Small City, #2 Great Place to Live, a top-25 Small City for Art, Best College Towns, and one of its Prettiest Cities, Most Sustainable Cities and Top-10 Cities for the Next Decade.
- Housing: First-year students are housed in 19 restored Victorian-era mansions whose historical character is complemented by wireless and other technologies. Additional residential options include modern apartment and suite lodging.
- International Programs: Academic centers in Montreal and Dublin, and foreign study programs in Shanghai, China; Ifrane, Morocco and Auckland, New Zealand offer guided immersion-study, internships and service learning experiences.
- Percentage of Students Who Study Abroad: More than 50%
- Fitness: Full student fitness center with classes; organized outings like ice and rock climbing; travel excursions and an extensive roster of club sports including basketball, soccer, volleyball, ice hockey, rugby and lacrosse.
- Recreation: Located near hundreds of miles of ski, snowboard, hiking and bike trails.
- Scholarships and Financial Aid: Champlain College awards scholarships based on academic achievement and financial need.