In our constantly connected, 24/7, global environment, communication has become paramount to every single person in the workforce. Highly skilled, well-rounded and experienced communication professionals are more sought after and have more career opportunities than ever before.
The Bachelor of Science in Communication program distinguishes itself from traditional Communication programs in higher education by its holistic approach and flexibility. Here, you'll get a practical, applicable education that specifically trains you to model and apply the best methodology and tools to communicate in any context.
Here, through a unique curriculum design, you combine mass communication, digital communication, media production and human communication to inform, educate, persuade and sell to each target audience you hope to influence.
This major offers you an amazing opportunity to tailor a program to your interests or discover new talents through taking a wide variety of courses. As a communication major you start with a strong grounding in such areas as
- Communication Theory
- Audio & Video Production
- Human Communication
- Public Speaking
- Visual Communication
- Media Writing
Then, working closely with a faculty advisor, you'll create a focus area in
- Public Relations
- Human Communication
- Social Media
- Self-designed focus area
Mix Classroom Theory with Actual Experience
- Thanks to our Upside-Down Curriculum, you'll be taking Media & Society, Design Solutions, and Visual & Digital Fundamentals as well as at least two other courses from the Communication curriculum in your first year at Champlain.
- Our Communication faculty, many of whom currently work in their professional communication field, will teach you the technical and creative expertise you need stand out in the highly competitive media landscape.
- As a Communication major, you will have an opportunity to complete three internships for credit (and as many as you like beyond that!).
- Tailor your degree program with an optional specialization in Sonic Arts or Journalism, or one of the minors at the college.
- Study Abroad is built right into the program so you can spend a semester studying at our campus in Dublin, with an extensive program for Communication majors. Or, you could choose to to study abroad at another exciting destination through our third-party partnerships.
- This major will teach you contemporary media skills and cutting-edge communication tactics. Learn the other skills you will master in the Communication major.
- You are part of the generation that changed how we consume media, now become part of global conversation. Envision your Career Success.
- Find out what you need to know to Apply to this popular major.