If you have lots of interests, are excited by the possibility of multiple career fields and love to keep your options open, the Communication major might be a perfect fit for you.
Highly skilled, well-rounded and experienced communication professionals are more sought after and have more career opportunities than ever before. This major offers you an amazing opportunity to tailor a program to your interests or discover new talents. You'll gain competencies in a broad range of fields, and your faculty will introduce you to some of the leading professionals in the area. Among many others, you could take courses in:
- Video Communication
- Design Solutions
- Audio Production
- Electronic Media Writing
Mix Classroom Theory with Actual Experience
- Thanks to our Upside-Down Curriculum, you'll be taking Media & Society, Design Solutions, and Visual & Digital Fundamentals as well as at least two other courses from the Communication curriculum in your first year at Champlain.
- Our field-tested Communication faculty will teach you the technical and creative expertise you need stand out in this highly competitive field.
- Build a highly marketable resume and portfolio through our extensive Communication internship opportunities.
- Tailor your degree program with a specialization in Sonic Arts or Journalism, which will allow you to integrate music, audio production and sound design into your program.
- Study Abroad is built right into the program so you can spend a semester studying at our campus in Montreal, a global hub for innovation in digital media, or another exciting destination.
- This major will teach you to design and implement hands-on, field based streaming media projects. Learn the other skills you will master in the Communication major.
- You are part of the generation that changed how (and where!) we view media, now become part in determining its future; envision your Career Success.
- Find out what you need to know to Apply to this popular major.