As a Graphic Design & Digital Media major, you'll mature as a graphic designer, mastering the basics of form, color, typography, photography, layout and motion graphics. Our project-based approach will build your skills and portfolio as you work toward a career of creating designs that will promote, inspire and educate.
- Art / Design History, Theory, and Criticism. Evaluate the aesthetic content of artistic works within a specific historical, cultural, and/or commercial context.
- Communication. Demonstrate an effective transference of ideas.
- Creative Aesthetic Fluency. Recognize and apply aesthetic principles within non-original and original works, respectively.
- Integrative Learning. Demonstrate the synthesis of learning from disparate fields into a tangibly synergistic form.
- Professionalism. Display a professional demeanor in managing time, materials, and information, as it reveals motivation, attitude, and work ethic.
- Technique. Able both to determine the mode(s) of production required to achieve a specific product and to demonstrate level-appropriate mastery of skills, manual and/or digital, necessary to achieve those products